Gaming Has the Wii U had a superior version of a multiplat game yet?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Title says most of it. Basically if money is no object, and probably ignoring the PC but if it beats that then even better, has the Wii U had a superior version of any multiplatform game yet? Being money no object I do not care if a Wii U version has included DLC that other versions may have had to buy, if you want to mention it then so be it.
Theoretically the Wii U has a bit more grunt in some areas than the PS360 so it could happen, I was wondering if it actually had. Owing to nobody owning a Wii U, or at least games not selling, and it being something of a pain to code for it seems most devs did not put the effort in but it might have happened somewhere.

You are mostly left to your own devices to choose what superior means. It can mean resolution, framerate (though I am not especially sold on the need for "all 60fps, all the time" a lack slowdown in general is something I would notice), controls (unlikely but who knows), expanded content, generally fixed bugs, multiplayer* and more besides.

*I really do not care for online multiplayer, if it means the single player/local is better but online is nerfed or just lacking in playerbase then it may still be the superior version in my eyes.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well Assassins creed 3 looked better on the Wii U than on a Ps3..... but it still AC3. I've heard that Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut is Amazing on the Wii U. Batman Arkham Origins well the Wii U version is pretty much the best version of that game just laking the story Dlc which is bad to begin with

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well Assassins creed 3 looked better on the Wii U than on a Ps3..... but it still AC3. I've heard that Deus Ex Human Revolution Directors Cut is Amazing on the Wii U. Batman Arkham Origins well the Wii U version is pretty much the best version of that game just laking the story Dlc which is bad to begin with

Pretty sure all these had a better PC version.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Define "superior". I remember watching some frame-by-frame comparison between the different versions of AC3 and wondering what the hell I was watching. It's not that there weren't differences, but if you only spot it when you take a very hard look at a picture that shows the exact same (but differently rendered) content then your priorities are wrong. I say AC3 is superior to the other versions simply because it shows you the map on the second screen. It's not a huge bonus, but it's an addition that weighs in far more than a bit extra bloom in the background.

Not sure if I can say "Rayman: legends" here. It sounds pretty obvious that the Murphy levels aren't as immersive on other platforms, but I haven't played it on other platforms, so I can't say...

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Not sure if I can say "Rayman: legends" here. It sounds pretty obvious that the Murphy levels aren't as immersive on other platforms, but I haven't played it on other platforms, so I can't say...

That's what bothered me in PC version that you can't actually use mouse, you have to use one dedicated button for those parts making them bit less interesting. Dust already proved it shouldn't be to hard to make sidescroller to work better with mouse and keyboard :\
It's also hardcapped to 60 FPS so basically it's otherwise exactly same looking and feeling experience, Vita and Wii U versions being only ones having touch controls.

Trine 2 is pretty much best version of the game, that said if you don't include PC version and I'm actually not sure if they used move part of controller with PS4. Some actual fucking use to touchscreen which doesn't need you to be watching the bloody thing while playing with big screen.

We will soon see but I can almost bet that first Bayonetta will be best version when it actually comes out, but we'll have to wait and see.

Not big fan of COD series but didn't Ghosts have massive amount of differend control schemes and graphically better compared to last gen machines? I can imagine online being quieter though.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Deus ex: HR:
- All the gamepad options improved the game drastically. Map, touchscreen, being able to hold the gamepad up to scan and tag enemies.
- They gave you a new game+ which means no longer are you limited to what you want to upgrade, you can max every upgrade.
- Off-screen play

Batman: Arkham city:
- Most of the paid DLC on the previous versions included free
- The new damage system made playing the "hard" mode more fun and less punishing (for me at least)
- Off-screen play

Warriors orochi 3 hyper:
- More characters, including the popular ninja gaiden characters.
- two player local co-op has an option for one to use the full TV screen and the other to use the gamepad.
- Duel mode
- Off-screen play.

Im sure when Watch dogs comes out, that might be the definitive version too since now they know what everyone hated about the original.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did deus ex not have enough upgrades? With the pointless hacking aug I was doing well by about the midpoint in the game.

Off screen play sounds like one of those "but but but" things.

Some things to consider though, thanks for that.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some people define "better" as moving the minimap from the corner of the screen to the controller so now instead of keeping focused on the screen I have to keep looking down at the controller, or adding pointless touch minigames or touch menu navigation when the process would go faster if they left things the way they were instead of incorporating gimmicks into gameplay

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Resident Evil Revelations was damn easy to get around with gamepad compared to the other ports.
Seriously, the console has a lot of overlooked potential.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Im sure when Watch dogs comes out, that might be the definitive version too since now they know what everyone hated about the original.

Do you think WiiU ver. is recieve day 1 update to fix many bugs reported from Sony/Microsoft/PC systems from users?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (although the loading times are long)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

And others have stated games which might be better on the Wii U.

I'd want to say Rayman Legends but I can't because the use of GamePad makes the game nauseating, still, playing Rayman with Mario's costume is pretty sweet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1