OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Hey, guys..

This has been going in my head from a little while now. I have looked at most of the upcoming games for 2009 on the ds, and 95% of them are budget and not good games. Not only me but many others have reliesd this, many of my mates who have ds's are selling their ds and i am thinking to sell my ds too now..

The ds has had already over 3500 games!, and it dosent look like from the way games have been releasing from a wee while that the games are gonna get better accept for a handfuls..(this is not a period break) for good games . As the release schedule does not show many good games. 2008 and before was great for the Nintendo ds in my opinion.

But if you do a bit of research and think about it a bit , the ds has lost its touch now.

Then it brings the question , why nintendo would release Nintendo DSI , if they dont have good games planned?

That i cant answer.And if they do have good games planned, why dont they show them, so many of us wont sell our ds's....Now another thing about the NDSi. The price is around 400 dollars in NZ!, now i can buy a Xbox 360 with a game or 2 for that price up here, or even buy a nintendo Wii . So why would i want to buy a console which is not getting many good games and is not even powerfull to play better games which the future holds?

But i just dont think now that the ds is going to get many good games....

Please share your opinion
(Take this purley as an opinion and not as a fact)

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Mei-o said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:
But if you do a bit of research and think about it a bit , the ds has lost its touch now.
CANNOT UNSEE! But no, I don't think so.

Ok why dont u think so?, cause hey, i made this thread so i can get some good answers about , "Why to still keep my ds"?

Cause it might mean i keep my ds and not sell it

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Mei-o said:
As simple as this:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150153

It's not always about what's gonna come, but what came out that you haven't yet enjoyed.

Ok i know what you are trying to tell me, but should i keep my ds for like "5 or 6" good games which come out in the whole of 2009?, where as i can sell it and buy something else , which has more better and better games?

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Mei-o said:
As simple as this:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150153

It's not always about what's gonna come, but what came out that you haven't yet enjoyed.

Ok i know what you are trying to tell me, but should i keep my ds for like "5 or 6" good games which come out in the whole of 2009?, where as i can sell it and buy something else , which has more better and better games?
What is this something else then? Besides, I doubt you'd get a good price.

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
VISHI SO FISHI said:
which has more better and better games?

unsure.gif
good luck with that
wacko.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well sell it....I don't see a reason why would anyone here try to convince you in keeping it..

I really don't care if you keep or sell your NDS, and I don't think Nintendo cares, they already made a profit on you and on that NDS, no matter who gets it..

And even tho I do in fact think that NDS era is coming to an end, I don't think that there aren't good games to play that are already out (there is no way that you played all the good games on that handheld so far), and there are quite few games about to be released that will be great (DQ IX, Kingdom Hearts, C.O.R.E., New Zelda, etc.)

I still have my GB pocket, I simply don't sell my handhelds, because there is always something good to play on them, even if it's just for nostalgia!

EDIT: And GB Micro was released very late, at the very end of GBA era, so DSi release doesn't have to mean that Nintendo isn't planning a next generation handheld!

Veristical Blaze

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
why selling a DS if you can still play ur old games and there isn't a replacement HandHeld like the DS Phat was a replacement for the GBA SP etc.
But with the games i agree after Platinum and GTA there aren't many coming..

Maybe Ninty brought the DSi purely for excessiving the Nintendo Shop, because on the Wii it was a succesfull thing and with DSiWare you still get nice games, like the ''new'' Wario Ware

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VISHI SO FISHI said:
Then it brings the question , why nintendo would release Nintendo DSI , if they dont have good games planned?

How can you know that there will be no good games besides those that have been announced? Why you say your post is not meant to be taken as a fact, yet you present your "opinion" as fact...?
Well, as Toni said, sell your DS. It seems to be pointless trying to convince you to keep it. And, to be honest, nobody cares. It will come the time when you'll miss what you have and you'll learn from your experience.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Joey Ravn said:
VISHI SO FISHI said:

How can you know that there will be no good games besides those that have been announced? Why you say your post is not meant to be taken as a fact, yet you present your "opinion" as fact...?
Well, as Toni said, sell your DS. It seems to be pointless trying to convince you to keep it. And, to be honest, nobody cares. It will come the time when you'll miss what you have and you'll learn from your experience.

I am not trying to get you to make me not sell my ds.....

i was just asking for advice and i got it...cool thanks.

These kinda threads never work out on gbatemp...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that they are saving the GOOD games for the DSi. All we'll get in the way of good games for DSphat/lite will be the ones that were already in production/development.

DSi is Ninty's attempt to cut down on DS piracy, so more and more games will be made for it as they phase out the phat/lite. I predict 2 more years before the phat/lite's become completely obsolete. But it could officially happen as early as next year.....you know, right after this Chistmas/New year they may stop production of DSlite's. This is not to say that there will be no more good DSphat/lite games, just that they will start to become watered-down versions of games made for DSi....that is, the same game will work on both systems, but the phat/lite will be without the benefit of the cameras and improved WiFi. It might even come to the point where if you have only a phat/lite, you will be able to play the game, but you won't be able to play online and you would have to get a DSi to be able to do that with newer games.

After about 2 years, the phat/lite's will become completely useless for new games and they won't even bother making games compatible with them anymore, thereby eliminating piracy on their handheld.

The only chaos factor in the whole thing is hackers and what they might be able to accomplish as far as cracking the DSi mode. That hasn't been done yet. Once DSi mode is cracked, and I have no reason to believe it won't be, more people will buy the DSi. Then the cat-and-mouse game between hackers and firmware updates will begin. Phat/lite's won't even be a factor anymore.

Well, that's what I speculate anyway.

And for those thinking they can outsmart Ninty with flashcarts on DSi by simply never updating the firmware, think again. Unless you never intend to play DSi games online, you will be FORCED to update. Betcha!

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VISHI SO FISHI said:
....Now another thing about the NDSi. The price is around 400 dollars in NZ!, now i can buy a Xbox 360 with a game or 2 for that price up here, or even buy a nintendo Wii . So why would i want to buy a console which is not getting many good games and is not even powerfull to play better games which the future holds?
I don't get the impression that the DS is at the end of its life span, but admittedly, if the above situation was true in the US, it would be hard to justify a DS over a 360 + games. That just seems crazy.

I think Rayder might have a good point about holding back some of the big titles until the DSi is established. We may start to see some big titles announced for the November / December time frame. Seems like we always get a few big games that time of year.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
No.. the DS will still be around for sometime.

The DSi is the way that Nintendo found to bump the DS sales (that were a little down in Japan) and extend the life of the system. Also, I see it as a way to test new stuff like downloadable games and apps, the DS is an stable enough platform for Nintendo, if the DSi extra stuff doesn't work, ok, whatever.. the DS is still doing fine.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo of old died with the release of the Wii (AKA the-gamecube-with-a-magic-wand). Their focus has shifted from quality to quantity, more over the quantity of cash they can pull in. The DS era isn't over, it just isn't worth following anymore really. I predict Nintendo will eventually come back around and focus on quality software, but I think by then core fans will have left after years of disappointment and their target demographic as of now (kids, casual gamers) will have grown weary of petz 1, 2, 3, 4 and evolved a better video game palette, in turn leaving the confines of Nintendo games and venturing out in search of more refined gaming.

I would only sell my ds if I was going to put my money toward a 360, otherwise I would keep it for the occasional good game that crops up.

Edit: By the way pay no mind to the snappy responses you get from some people. Unfortunately, some people find solace in denial. After investing money/loyalty in a specific brand, they rather hide in delusion than admit that their childhood hero no longer cares about them.
frown.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Prophet said:
The DS era isn't over, it just isn't worth following anymore really
I'd agree with that. I enjoyed the GBA's catalogue far more than I have the DS's, which seems to have stagnated in terms of releases I'd actually want to play. I can only name 3 upcoming titles I'm looking forward to, and one of them got cancelled. Maybe that's their goal, by diversifying their catalogue if every person, including people who wouldn't normally buy games, want to play one or two games they'll still come out on top.

But my DS isn't going anywhere, I have a small pile of rather good games on my shelf that I haven't finished yet.
smile.gif

I'll point out that I'm not a crazy Nintendo fan lamenting the days of old (if anything I was raised on Atari and Sony
wink.gif
); I just like platformers and puzzle games, both of which are a bit lacking on the DS.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I adored Nintendo for there way of thinking. The Nintendo DS was the best invention in the history of videogames in my opinion. But now they bring out Gamecube games with extra controls on the Wii....and they launch a the DSi with some tiny improvements over the DS... I really feel they're out of new ideas somehow... and it seems it's because they're convinced of their victory. Anyway I'm very curious where Nintendo will stand in 2 years time!

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i wouldn't call the DS a problem at all. infact i have my time with it as for playing games.
the only thing which i can't stand is the new Nintendo DSi. i think nintendo purposely intended to let the DSi break more frequently then a DS Lite. i think their new purpose is
Nintendo Employee1: "Let's make a new Nintendo DS"
Nintendo Employee2: "Thats a great idea, why not make it super fragile?"
Nintendo Employee1: "Thats fantastic! super fragile. i promote you to co-director"

and i think that about their purpose
so back to the thing speaking of which the ds is great =p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P