Has Strange Journey pissed anyone off yet?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by VLinh, May 8, 2010.

May 8, 2010
  1. VLinh
    OP

Member VLinh GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Im getting near the end, but im afraid Ive wasted my time with this game.

One of the biggest issues with this game for me would be the dungeons, why did they have to be enormous?!!!, there was no reason to have them that large.

The Dark corridors are a nice touch, but it really becomes tiring since when you trying to find a %#@! door in the dark.

Warp Holes/ Black hole, now dont get me started but Erandius would have anyone just throw their DS's on the ground, I was quite close to that moment.

Overall, storyline's good, battle system classic, and the rest is $#@*&!

Thats my opinion anyways

2. SalParadise19

Newcomer SalParadise19 Member

United States
    Honestly I feel the games' good parts outweigh it's weaknesses in spades. jmo

3. ihiphopanonymous

Newcomer ihiphopanonymous Member

United States
    I really like the enormous maps...this is my second 1st person dungeon crawler (etrian odyssey II being my first but never got around to finishing it because strange journey was released during my play through). Great challenge and interesting story. I'm currently stuck on Tiamat, can't seem to beat her. Might have to grind a bit for the first time in the game.

Edit: Yea, the holes and the trial and error warp holes did piss me off so I can relate but I don't mind the pitch black rooms and the size of the maps.

This game's epic....I'm close to buying this game along with a DSi XL but still waiting on that DSTwo

4. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I LOVED this game.

But I totally agree when it comes to the pitfalls. I did go and open up a map on gamefaqs, only because I didn't want to simply waste my time. But other than that, there was nothing else in the game that bothered me. I didn't even know I was grinding half the time - I was simply enjoying leveling up my demons and trying to recruit new ones.

The size of the maps didn't bother me either, nor did the dark rooms.

But it is understandable that you've brought up these points - had I hated the story and the style of gameplay, I would've stopped playing at the first pitfall in Bootes.

5. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    It's not the dungeons that pissed me off its the cheap instant kill spells that annoyed me the most,even stone when it hits the MC = gameover.....

6. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    Its a SMT game of course it pisses me off, but I still love the game despite those thing.
    I'm level ~70 and monsters still beat the crap out of me (I tend to fuse good demons and stick with them for a long time until I get my ass handed to me) and I keep same alignment for massive co-op damage (which is a HUGE help.

7. Excellentnuke

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I love this game. It's one of the best games I've played in a while. The only times I got mad while playing were when it froze on my M3.

8. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    No. I'm practically in love with this game.

9. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    thats what shin megami and wizardry is known for ...
    nice dungeon

10. Wintrale

Member Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I still prefer Devil Survivor. [​IMG]