Has somebody ever completed an ad?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by mcjones92, Mar 2, 2009.

Mar 2, 2009
  1. mcjones92
    OP

Member mcjones92 Forest Fam

United States
    Has someone ever completed one of those internet ads that say "Click here for a free iPod!" or "Answer this question for a free laptop!"?

I always wondered if those actually do give you the items or they are a just complete waste of time. If they are real, are they easy to complete?

2. Licardo7

Member Licardo7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They just ask you for your info like email and name and stuff, some ask you for phone #. Then they just spam your account with junk mail. Then your prize is: [​IMG]

A VIRUS, yes. This beautiful computer killing virus can be yours just send us your info and turn off your anti-virus. Oh, and if your the 100 visitor [​IMG] (the machine broke so now everyone's the 100 visitor) you get your own collection of Trojans and a mystery prize that can be ether another virus, an other Trojan or even some spyware.

woo hoo [​IMG]

3. mcjones92
    OP

Member mcjones92 Forest Fam

United States
    lol, I was actually thinking about completing one of these after 16 years of staring at them...I wanted to buy a iPod Touch but I saw an ad and thought....WHAT IF I CAN GET ONE FOR FREE? [​IMG] But that seems unbelievable. Ah well.

4. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    they work, yes.

however, you will have to click through thousands of ads, complete hundreds of online surveys, and various other affiliate schemes that make the people that run these things money. by the time you get your ipod or whatever, you will have earned the person running the scheme thousands of $£€.

in other words, you would be better off getting a job at minimum wage and saving up, it will take less time

5. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    I think you are talking about those refferal programs, where u have to earn credits, by completing (free) offers, and make people a member by letting them click on you personal referal link...

And not those "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE THE 100.000TH VISITOR OF THIS SITE (THIS IS NO JOKE!)" ads.

6. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Having muddled in this area a lot, I can say they are essentially the same thing... with the congratualions ones being more likely to be a scam even if you do complete the ridiculous requirements (like sign up for 3 credit cards)

7. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    True.
    However, here in the Netherlands we've got some pretty legit, my exgf earned some money with it..
    Well, let's say, she earned 30 euro's in 1 year, constantly clicking those links.

You can say it's not worth it, 30 euro's a year, but just clicking a few links a day, isn't THAT hard.

However I stopped after 2 weeks with those things. It was anoying me.