Hacking Has r4 given up?

Pfft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if I am repeating something that was once closed but i just wanted to know for myself. Have the r4 team finally given up on the r4? i mean they havent exactly been releasing updates, the latest one is 1.19 and apparently you need a login to get to it, plus i hear of the recent growth in other more BETTER flash card catridges like the ttds or something along the lines of that. Anyways i was just wondering seeing that i am a loyal r4 follower that if the whole thing shut down or are they working on something really big?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
1.19 was a fake firmware from a clone cart company trying to make themselves sound official. Did you download it from r4team.com?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, 1.19 is a fake firmware which is extremely buggy and has been known to cause the Micro SD card to become corrupted in some cases. I suggest simply sticking with YSMenu as its superior to the fake 1.19 update and the real 1.18 update.

Also yes, the R4 Team is gone, there won't be anymore updates or new releases from them.

spleenandpie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
there was a new cart that came out and i think it is called the n-cart or n-card or somthing but it was made by the r4 people. Its just like the other r4 but it has shdc support. my guess that the n-cart is the contninuation of the origanal r4 cart because it is by the same people.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raven Darkheart said:
yes r4 is dead

@Renegade: you still havent given up on that rick ashley thing?
Nevar
tongue.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
spleenandpie said:
there was a new cart that came out and i think it is called the n-cart or n-card or somthing but it was made by the r4 people. Its just like the other r4 but it has shdc support. my guess that the n-cart is the contninuation of the origanal r4 cart because it is by the same people.
No, thats a lie. The R4 team is no way connected to the N-Card. The R4 Team has left the flashcard scene.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
spleenandpie said:
No, thats a lie. The R4 team is no way connected to the N-Card. The R4 Team has left the flashcard scene.
It's the Nplayer or NDSPlayer or something like that. It's an R4 clone BUT IT'S REALLY FROM R4 TEAM AND THEY WILL UPDATE IT HONEST THEY WILL!

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psycoblaster's thread up top the forum was meant to avoid threads like this. Really, even a sticky couldn't avoid this? You people.....
rolleyes.gif

If my answer to the thread question wasn't apparent, see the aforementioned psycoblaster thread. Have a nice day.

Project_Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so the R4 is dead which would mean what with the M3 Simply ? i havent seen any updates for that either....last kernal i have is 1.14v..... i use YSMenu though but will i need a new flash cart for newer games?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
omegableach said:
Rumour has it the Nplayer team is partially from the r4, click the link in my sig for my review of the card
smile.gif
Thats a false rumor that was spread to help promote sales by luring all the R newbies to the NPlayer card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.