Hacking Has Pokemon Ranch been hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Pokemon Ranch thing available on Wiiware is pretty useless, mainly because it links deposits/withdrawls to trainer IDs, meaning that you can't deposit pokemon from one game and withdraw them from another, so it totally defeats the purpose of even using it. I was wondering if anyone's thought about hacking it so that it'll let you withdraw pokemon to any game, I have no idea if it'd be easy/hard to do, just wondering if anyone's tried/thought about doing it. It'd making trading between games easier for people who only have one DS is all...

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know but that would be cool. Ya it's not the pokemon box that its supposed to be.

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I was hoping it had been hacked so that I could transfer my pokemon from Pearl and then copy them to Platinum when it comes out. Japan actually got an updated Pokemon Ranch for Platinum but it still locks pokemon to trainer IDs...

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jran Sakarra said:
Well you could alsways alter the game sav then change it back using Pokesav to change the secerate id and the trainer ID

Well the idea would be to get it working on real copies that can't be used with Pokesav, plus, most flashcarts can't connect to the Wii anyway.

Jran Sakarra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Pokesav on any .sav file for D/P.
Depending on the flash card is you on prob for getting one that is not supported by the wii.
Yes it does work on real copies altering it with Pokesav.

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jran Sakarra said:
You can use Pokesav on any .sav file for D/P.
Depending on the flash card is you on prob for getting one that is not supported by the wii.
Yes it does work on real copies altering it with Pokesav.

And you don't think dumping, editing and re-upping the save file from a retail cart is overkill just to transfer to the ranch? If I was going to do that I could just manually extract the pokemon from the D/P savefile and manually insert them into Platinum (if Pokesav even supports Platinum, I don't have a clue) bypassing the Ranch entirely. The point of the thread was to discuss whether or not turning this useless "game" into something useful was at all feasible.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Some sort of basic homebrew app could find the save file in NAND, then patch each Pokemon's original ID, etc. to new values entered by the user. That seems like it would be the most direct method.

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WB3000 said:
Some sort of basic homebrew app could find the save file in NAND, then patch each Pokemon's original ID, etc. to new values entered by the user. That seems like it would be the most direct method.

Hmm, as far as I'm aware there are issues with messing with Wiiware saves via NAND, aren't there? Something to do with the fact that they aren't disc-based, so the current tools don't cater for them when you try to put them back on the Wii or something, I'm sure someone can explain it better than I can. Also, I think the game uses the secret unviewable trainer ID's that can't be seen without Pokesav, which would make it tricky for retail copies. You're right, though, that probably would be the most practical solution.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, I doubt that anyone will hack this game, because most people put more priority into things like custom system menus and gamecube backup loaders than hacking a pokemon game. Just my thought/guess.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just buy it and DL it on the wii. then you won't go wrong there. This forum is about hacking the wii not Wii-WAREZ. doh

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raziel5000 said:
just buy it and DL it on the wii. then you won't go wrong there. This forum is about hacking the wii not Wii-WAREZ. doh
He wants to use Pokemon Ranch as a means to trade because he probably does not have 2 DS's.

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got pokemon ranch mostly for the kid to play with(throwing and playing with pokemon in 3d is right up her alley, pokefanatic).

I found it really lame and restrictive and only letting you transfer pokes back to the cart they came off. I wanted to give her some of mine but couldn't cause we only have 1 DS. we're getting her one of the DSi come her next birthday, so no big deal.

But I also plan to by platinum once its released. i have over 500 pokemon stored on my copy of pearl. it is going to suck transferring those to platinum once its released. if pokemon ranch could be hacked to let you transfer to any cart or hack the trainer IDs that'd be awesome.

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Raziel5000 said:

Like the guy who responded said, I want to be able to trade from my old game to Platinum when it comes out but don't own two DS'es, so I thought I'd check to see if Ranch had been hacked to allow trades... yknow, like the original Pokemon Box on GC. It has nothing to do with piracy; like the other guy said earlier, with the right flashcart you can just use Pokesav and bypass the Ranch entirely, but for those of us with retail carts and no means of dumping the saves it's a hassle. There's obviously a little interest in it being done, but I don't think anyone that would know how cares enough to do it, which kinda sucks.

hell-dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn i wish someone did hack it. im trying to go for a 100% pokedex completion in platnium which i can now actaully do due to getting the events pokemon for the most part (using semi legits as well) but i dont really want to have to trade over 200 pokemon from pearl 6 at a time with each set taking 20 minutes

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you realize that you dug up a topic from over 2 YEARS ago?

Anyway, this hack never happened. If you have an AR and a way to dump your Pokemon save, you can move them that way. That's how I moved my Platinum Pokemon into White.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it looks like nobody was actually working toward hacking it two years ago when this thread was last active.

So you probably shouldn't hold your breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nude checkers get jumped