Votes: 26 40.6%

• Total voters

WiiMiiSwitch

RiiConnect24 STAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is it. Nintendo doesn't really has any competition to make truly outstanding games anymore, Mario Odyssey and BOTW needed to be good just because Wii U failed miserably, and having killer apps for Switch at launch was the key to succeed. I don't think it's a coincidence that most of their games after 2017-2018 have been a bit forgettable or "corporate" like people here are saying, they just don't need to put lots of effort in a single game yet. Seems like this is already changing with Metroid 5 finally happening after 19 years, and the ambitious BOTW sequel officially slated for next year.

Idk about you guys, but I wouldn't count them "out" yet. They're clearly capable of doing comebacks when expectations are on the floor, so i'll just be optimistic, i'm sure they'll blow us again like they always do.
Excatly, as I said before
They need to reel it back in

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I agree, some series like the Mario & Luigi, DK, Mario vs. DK games are all missing this Gen and not on the Switch..
Well for the M&L games, AlphaDream soon went bankrupt so no more of that i guess.
The thing is Wii U had some great titles to
I gotta disagree with Dinoh and you

RodriGames40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Excatly, as I said before
They need to reel it back in
For now, I'm confident that BOTW2 release will determine if they're still able to make a crack in the gaming landscape. Metroid 5 isn't being made by Nintendo themselves, so I don't think it's fair to label it as what's Nintendo capable of.

Reactions: WiiMiiSwitch

WiiMiiSwitch

RiiConnect24 STAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now, I'm confident that BOTW2 release will determine if they're still able to make a crack in the gaming landscape. Metroid 5 isn't being made by Nintendo themselves, so I don't think it's fair to label it as what's Nintendo capable of.
I won't say that's gonna determine it fully but don't get me wrong, its gonna be an important factor
However they have to remember other games need the same beauty as others

RodriGames40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I won't say that's gonna determine it fully but don't get me wrong, its gonna be an important factor
However they have to remember other games need the same beauty as others
That's the thing though, Zelda is one of the highest budget franchises Nintendo currently has, the other ones being Mario, Super Smash Bros and Pokemon (Actually belongs to GF and The Pokemon Company, so I can't really judge them with this). You could say Animal Crossing counts as "high budget" as well, but it doesn't really looks like one.

If in some alternate universe one of these franchises didn't lived up to expectations, this is where we'll be worried, the rest of them will get better or worse over time.

WiiMiiSwitch

RiiConnect24 STAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing though, Zelda is one of the highest budget franchises Nintendo currently has, the other ones being Mario, Super Smash Bros and Pokemon (Actually belongs to GF and The Pokemon Company, so I can't really judge them with this). You could say Animal Crossing counts as "high budget" as well, but it doesn't really looks like one.

If in some alternate universe one of these franchises didn't lived up to expectations, this is where we'll be worried, the rest of them will get better or worse over time.
Well if we look at it in a more statistical and marketing view, Zelda has become less popular over the last decade.
Only the SUPER fans are going pay attention to every little detail in BOTW2.
What about an average gamer
They would want a good that's fun, addicting, heartwarming, etc
However, the exterme Nintendo fans are gonna buy every Zelda game and they're gonna be the most judgemental

RodriGames40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well if we look at it in a more statistical and marketing view, Zelda has become less popular over the last decade.
Only the SUPER fans are going pay attention to every little detail in BOTW2.
What about an average gamer
They would want a good that's fun, addicting, heartwarming, etc
However, the exterme Nintendo fans are gonna buy every Zelda game and they're gonna be the most judgemental
In that case, Mario should be the golden standard to judge them in an accurate manner. After all, MK8 Deluxe is still the highest selling game in Switch, and Odyssey was extremely well received at release, while also pulling some big numbers. Now, about Mario spinoffs...

Geez, they're being handled really badly these days, with some infamous names like Camelot and Intelligent Systems... Let alone M&L sudden death, and there's still no sequel in sight.

Reactions: WiiMiiSwitch

CoolMe

.. Nani??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CoolMe said:
"I agree, some series like the Mario & Luigi, DK, Mario vs. DK games are all missing this Gen and not on the Switch.. Well for the M&L games, AlphaDream soon went bankrupt so no more of that i guess."

The thing is Wii U had some great titles to
I gotta disagree with Dinoh and you

@WiiMiiSwitch You disagree with me about what exactly?

Last edited by CoolMe,

WiiMiiSwitch

RiiConnect24 STAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CoolMe said:
"I agree, some series like the Mario & Luigi, DK, Mario vs. DK games are all missing this Gen and not on the Switch.. Well for the M&L games, AlphaDream soon went bankrupt so no more of that i guess."

@WiiMiiSwitch You disagree with me about what exactly?
As the Wii being the last good era

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    I've got a clone, it works fine, but I can't get it to play nice with my SDcard reader.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    like an sd card slot extension thing?
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Yeah, to load from (and save data to) an SD card plugged into the serial port.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    You test that extension thing through a regular usb reader on your pc? Could just be a shit one. Bought one for my 3d printer and it just straight up doesn't work
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    it can't be plugged into a USB reader (it's made from a regular SD card to USB adapter, but with the USB end modded to a Dreamcast serial plug)
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    It was working fine before I installed the GDEMU, but now the Dreamcast doesn't recognize it when I boot up Dreamshell.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhh I gotcha. yeah haven't looked at it that much so I'm not super familiar with the hardware
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Can't find any threads about this particular issue on GBAtemp or the wider intarwebz. Saw one video on YouTube that seemed relevant, but it was some dude with the same issue, no solutions offered in the comments. :/
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    my teacher was showing me something and i noticed they had gbatemp open in another window
    Gift
  • SpazzyShinobi @ SpazzyShinobi:
    when worlds collide
    +1
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Your teacher is ONE OF US... ONE OF US...
    +2
    Gift
    they could be in this very chat, they could be any one of us
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    InB4 "Julie, get back to work on your homework, that assignment is due tomorrow."
    +1
    Gift
    god damn no one ever wants to talk to me but the MOMENT i start studying everyone got shit to say to me
    Gift
  • Gift
    (not you guys tho, you guys are cool :)
    Gift
    fuck how do i use emoticons within parenthesis
    Gift
    i left out the closing bracket but that just looks incomplete
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    https://gbatemp.net/chat/message/110146/view
    Imagine if that teacher was, I dunno, pingpong or DinohScene or some other mod or admin...that'd be something, huh.
    +1
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The teacher just wanted to know what kind of perverted debauchery Julie was watching on the school computer instead of studying.
    +2
    Gift
    what? no, i totalllyyyyy do all my schoolwork
    Gift
    aw, who am i kidding, if i did my work i wouldnt be talking to you guys right now
    +1
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Freezer6 @ Freezer6:
    That's right @Julie_Pilgrim
    +2
    Gift
    are there people out there actually insane enough to pay $20/month for photoshop
    Gift
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: are there people out there actually insane enough to pay $20/month for photoshop