Hardware Has Nintendo fixed the ribbon cable problem on N2DS/N2DSXL?

freeza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's probably too early to tell, but if anyone has opened a n2ds[xl], has the ribbon cable problem been resolved?

freeza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK but it can't be Nintendo's fault.

Why? I have taken exceptional care of my 3DS XL with absolutely no drops to speak of. I hadn't even played it in a few months before trying and finding out it wouldn't power on with a popping sound before shutting off. Research has lead me to conclude that the ribbon cable setup by Nintendo causes the 3DS to eventually malfunction with tears in said cables.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? I have taken exceptional care of my 3DS XL with absolutely no drops to speak of. I hadn't even played it in a few months before trying and finding out it wouldn't power on with a popping sound before shutting off.
then someone else fucked it up and silently put it back . . . ribbon cables dont just develop random rips on there own

Last edited by wormdood,

freeza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then someone else fucked it up and silently put it back . . . ribbon cables dont just develop random rips on there own

Normally, I would agree.However, I've come across a consistent theory that opening and closing the console X amount of times will eventually cause the cable to develop tears. It was between that and a loose connection, the latter I've checked over and over again after taking apart the console. Either way, I'm looking for evidence that the problem has been fixed, not to be told that there isn't one when there is.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, I'm looking for evidence that the problem has been fixed, not to be told that there isn't one when there is.
then no nintendo has made no changes to fix this as there was no reason for nintendo to fix a nonexistent problem

i have 3 day one 3ds consoles (one of witch was in my pocket when i was hit by a car) and none have this problem because its not a hardware defect . . . the only problem is the user

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: KoalaBoy

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hardware fails sometimes. Hell, the original Game Boy I had had the screen lines going off after two years of not being played. (It's an easy fix, just melt solder onto the lcd screen points.)

I've never had a problem with the original 3DS (Cosmo Black) that I bought back in the day. Hell, the corners of the system were damaged but the ribbon cable was ok. I've since owned a LoZ 3DS and a N3DS and there were no problems in either of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...