1. wiiuepiccpu

wiiuepiccpu vanCFW tester

United States
    No as in litteraly pull the plug from the wii u but after a power on you will be fine

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also cbhc is cold boot hitachi that just saves you from pushing a button and it launches cfw by just loading the game instead of having to press a button

2. Ribbits

OP Ribbits Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    haha ok. I'll give it a shot as it sounds safe enough. My kids will probably disown me if I brick it haha.

edit - cbhc worth it then? And pushing a button what?

3. wiiuepiccpu

United States
    Cbhc for me is just a waste, and for me i use mocha but thats up to you
    Mocha you have to rerun the browser exploit every time (i use indexiine to save me the pain of having to open the website every time) And hitachi needs a legit ds game so its up to you ( There is no exploit as of writing that boots automatically)

To launch hachi you have to hold a button to boot into cfw cbhc saves you from the pain of doing that

also I sometimes get this question so no, you wont get banned for just launching the exploit. You WILL GET BANNED IF YOU USE CFW, CHEATS, OR SOMETHING SIMILAR

4. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    It's a coldboot exploit. It's great. If you're the only person who plays that wii u, I recommend it. You can only brick if you don't follow instructions.

5. Ribbits

OP Ribbits Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    So trying the link you gave in the browser will allow me to install homebrew channel in the wii u menu and then be able to access some of this stuff from there?

also can you elaborate on "You WILL GET BANNED IF YOU USE CFW, CEHATS, OR SOMETHING SIMILAR?"

I'm not the only one using the wii u, my kids do to.

6. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    Then, I recommend normal haxchi.

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    No one else has answered your actual question yet, so let me:
    Running installed pirated Wii U games actually does not require the console to be hacked. You need homebrew in order to install them (which is placed on the SD card and requires an exploit ran through the web browser, or a hacked DS game which is also installed through said web browser exploit) but once installed, they can be ran without any hacks at all. At least, that's the case for retail games. eShop games and DLC require CFW both to be installed and ran. For example, Zelda BotW could be played without any hacks at all once installed, but if you wanted the DLC without paying for it, you'd need to use CFW when installing, and launch CFW before playing it every time.
    My guess is that the previous owner used the web exploit, or had Haxchi installed, installed all of those games, and before selling the console, simply removed Haxchi (if installed) or otherwise left the console the way it was, since without launching an exploit, the console is completely unmodified. In order to launch the homebrew on the SD card you'd need to use said web exploit.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Sep 12, 2020
    nosoyFEaDDiCT and Ribbits like this.
  8. wiiuepiccpu

United States
    The exploit only LAUNCHES the homebrew launcher, It doesn't install anything unless you tell it to with another porgram
    My you will get banned statement basically means that if you cheat online you will get banned as well as enabling cfw and then going online is just asking to get banned something similar refers to using something like a save editor. As an example a way to get banned is to mod a game's save like splatoon to get level 20 weapons when your level 1. Another thing that I meant would be a mod of sorts

9. Ribbits

OP Ribbits Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks. This is all slowly starting to make sense.
    I know that CFW stands for custom firmware. Is that just a general statement/term or are there multiple options for 'brand' or existent custom firmwares - I hope that makes sense.

You said, 'unless you tell it to with another program' what would that be - a cfw or a different program all together?

Clarifying your comment on banning further - basically it's only a risk of you do those things and then play online?

10. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    there's mocha and haxchi. haxchi requires buying a game..

11. wiiuepiccpu

United States
    That would be a homebrew app called wupinstallergx2 and its just a risk but a VERY high one

12. Ribbits

OP Ribbits Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    So I just tried running the browser exploit.

Generated the following error:
    FSOpenFile failed. File missing /vol/external101/wiiu/payload.elf

also when I opened the browser there was a bookmark on the side for a loadline gateway or something. I seem to recall hearing Loadline here already or in other reading about this stuff.

wupinstallergx2 is for what exactly? and to clarify - high risk to brick?

13. wiiuepiccpu

United States
    Yep, then its missing the hbl's files. If you want, you can get the files back and make sure

14. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    No risk to brick. It installs content.

15. wiiuepiccpu

United States
    Wupinstallergx2 is for installing updates,dlc,games, and custom apps
    By risk I mean to say that doing any of those things will get you banned.
    On a different note, there is a brick risk when using wupinstaller so be careful

16. Ribbits

OP Ribbits Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I assume I can find the hbl files in a walkthrough for such things?
    I've been saying brick and you've been saying banned and realizing we've been meaning different things. So when you say banned, banned from from where or what exactly?

The brick risk with WUPinstaller is if you do it incorrectly, or at any random time?

17. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    Proably not brick. Games don't install to the partition of system software aside from the ticket which is innocuous and fixable.

18. Ribbits

OP Ribbits Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    So the risk is less it bricking and more the files not installing and just needing a fix/replacement?

19. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
  20. wiiuepiccpu

United States
    for a guide I recommend cfw.guide
    Banned as in you cant play online and I think access the eshop but the browser should be fine.
    You can brick the wii u by installing random apps so its best to make sure that what your downloading is safe

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - modded, hacked,