Has GBATEMP thought of this yet?

BrunyeeUK

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Just wondered if anyone has thought what would happen to this site when DS games eventually start getting dumped?. To clarify, I mean the main page etc.... currently all rom releases and stuff are listed on the main GBATemp page, does this mean that there will eventually be a mix of DS and GBA rom releases or are the any plans to log into, say DSTemp.net and just see DS releases and news and stuff?

Although theres nothing wrong with having a DS section on this site, a dedicated site would always be better and I love this site so much It would be great if it was done by the same people in a similar or same format.

Any plans for this?

P.S - Got my DS yesterday and girlfriend swiped it and wrapped it straight away before I could Play on it!!!!!!! How frustrating??????? gotta wait till Christmas Morning Now!!!
frown.gif

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
as far as i know we wont be opening a new board YET...
not saying we wont look into it in the future but the ds "scene" would really need to take off soon to warrant even thinking about it

as for now,if ds roms start coming out and they are accepted as being real then i dont see why we cant post the news on the portal (maybe one of our coders can come up with a nice visual way to draw attention to the fact that it's a ds release like different coloured framing around the rom release pics/info on the portal)
something to think about but if ANYONE has any suggestions why not leave them here and the staff can then see what it is you guys want from this place and we can see what we can do
smile.gif

also a few changes will be happening very soon so keep your eyes peeled for that bit of fun
evil.gif

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The best way is to have another color (red?) on the release-frame.
And a picture on the DS instead of the GBA in the left corner
wink.gif

And I guess that the low number on the release (I guess they will start over at 001 instead of merge it into the GBA releasing list) will probably draw attention
wink.gif

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
well i already remember alot of talks about DStemp
and if i remember correctly there will be no DStemp unless some little fan boy wishes to make it and it would have nothing to do with here...

but i also think that the ds releases will be announced here

BrunyeeUK

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Definately a new set of release numbers! It will become a bit scatty if integrated with current release numbers. Great Idea by the way, design things round the people that use it!!!!

Come on people here's your chance, if you don't input you don't really have just cause to moan when the DS scene picks up!.
biggrin.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Just to clarify some concerns. There is no dstemp.net and there will most likely never be a dstemp.net.
Once ds roms start coming out I'm sure we will display them as we would gba roms releases on the portal, but of course some differences to make way for the double screenshots and so on.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh, GBAtemp is the name of the site. Changing that would be..sacriledge!
smile.gif
I'm pretty sure the site would report DS releases; there's no real reason not to, and other sites will too.

SonOfSein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with those who think the site is good to go, as is. There's already a DS-exclusive section in the Forums, so that's all set. Since the DS is an entirely different system, it only stands to reason ROM releases will be numbered independantly of the GBA releases, so there would be no confusion there. I think using a DS icon in place of the GBA icon- when the release is put up under Latest News on the portal- would make things perfectly clear as well. If it was decided to take it even further and make color changes to those posts...well, I suppose it couldn't hurt; the seperate numbering and DS icon (plus screenshots of games that look way, WAY too good to be on GBA
smile.gif
) seem like enough. It just feels like it would be a natural, seamless inegration. I've been coming here for so long (about a year before I joined) that "GBAtemp" is just the name of the site; it's taken on an identity all its own, seperate from the origin of the first three letters of its title, and that's how I like it.
grog.gif

el_venga

Handhelds Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
i say the same thing, no new site for DS, just use the same GBATemp. the design can be arranged and DS Roms will start of 0001 i guess or 001, it doesnt really matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, and that she loves you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, and that she loves you too. :sad: