Has GBATEMP thought of this yet?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by BrunyeeUK, Dec 17, 2004.

Dec 17, 2004
  1. BrunyeeUK
    OP

Member BrunyeeUK GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Just wondered if anyone has thought what would happen to this site when DS games eventually start getting dumped?. To clarify, I mean the main page etc.... currently all rom releases and stuff are listed on the main GBATemp page, does this mean that there will eventually be a mix of DS and GBA rom releases or are the any plans to log into, say DSTemp.net and just see DS releases and news and stuff?

Although theres nothing wrong with having a DS section on this site, a dedicated site would always be better and I love this site so much It would be great if it was done by the same people in a similar or same format.

Any plans for this?

P.S - Got my DS yesterday and girlfriend swiped it and wrapped it straight away before I could Play on it!!!!!!! How frustrating??????? gotta wait till Christmas Morning Now!!! [​IMG]

2. djgarf

Former Staff djgarf I Am A Raver

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    as far as i know we wont be opening a new board YET...
    not saying we wont look into it in the future but the ds "scene" would really need to take off soon to warrant even thinking about it

as for now,if ds roms start coming out and they are accepted as being real then i dont see why we cant post the news on the portal (maybe one of our coders can come up with a nice visual way to draw attention to the fact that it's a ds release like different coloured framing around the rom release pics/info on the portal)
    something to think about but if ANYONE has any suggestions why not leave them here and the staff can then see what it is you guys want from this place and we can see what we can do [​IMG]

also a few changes will be happening very soon so keep your eyes peeled for that bit of fun [​IMG]

3. Foppzter

Member Foppzter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    The best way is to have another color (red?) on the release-frame.
    And a picture on the DS instead of the GBA in the left corner [​IMG]
    And I guess that the low number on the release (I guess they will start over at 001 instead of merge it into the GBA releasing list) will probably draw attention [​IMG]

4. Hunter

Former Staff Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Featured Posts:
    Australia
    well i already remember alot of talks about DStemp
    and if i remember correctly there will be no DStemp unless some little fan boy wishes to make it and it would have nothing to do with here...

but i also think that the ds releases will be announced here

5. BrunyeeUK
    OP

Member BrunyeeUK GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Definately a new set of release numbers! It will become a bit scatty if integrated with current release numbers. Great Idea by the way, design things round the people that use it!!!!

Come on people here's your chance, if you don't input you don't really have just cause to moan when the DS scene picks up!. [​IMG]

6. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Just link the releases to here. Just use a different boarder/set of numbers to seperate 'them.

7. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Featured Posts:
    Australia
    Just to clarify some concerns. There is no dstemp.net and there will most likely never be a dstemp.net.
    Once ds roms start coming out I'm sure we will display them as we would gba roms releases on the portal, but of course some differences to make way for the double screenshots and so on.

8. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Featured Posts:
    Netherlands
    Still I think the name could never be GBATEMP when the homepage displays GBA and DS games... It doesn't sound logical.

9. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Eh, GBAtemp is the name of the site. Changing that would be..sacriledge! [​IMG] I'm pretty sure the site would report DS releases; there's no real reason not to, and other sites will too.

10. SonOfSein

Member SonOfSein GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I'm with those who think the site is good to go, as is. There's already a DS-exclusive section in the Forums, so that's all set. Since the DS is an entirely different system, it only stands to reason ROM releases will be numbered independantly of the GBA releases, so there would be no confusion there. I think using a DS icon in place of the GBA icon- when the release is put up under Latest News on the portal- would make things perfectly clear as well. If it was decided to take it even further and make color changes to those posts...well, I suppose it couldn't hurt; the seperate numbering and DS icon (plus screenshots of games that look way, WAY too good to be on GBA [​IMG]) seem like enough. It just feels like it would be a natural, seamless inegration. I've been coming here for so long (about a year before I joined) that "GBAtemp" is just the name of the site; it's taken on an identity all its own, seperate from the origin of the first three letters of its title, and that's how I like it. [​IMG]

11. teh_raf3

Member teh_raf3 Whatever suits you

Featured Posts:
    Belgium
  12. THeLL

Member THeLL GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Netherlands
    That looks good!

13. djgarf

Former Staff djgarf I Am A Raver

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
  14. el_venga

Member el_venga Handhelds Lover

Featured Posts:
    Dominican Republic
    i say the same thing, no new site for DS, just use the same GBATemp. the design can be arranged and DS Roms will start of 0001 i guess or 001, it doesnt really matter.

15. Strider

Member Strider Next to the mainstream

Featured Posts:
    Well I'll be damned if Venom *really* releases it...