Gaming Has Been Heroes.. Has been is right.

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 7,373
  • Replies 101
  • Likes 2
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I had plans to pre-order this game on physical format as the price seems fairly good (cheaper than the rest) but when I watched the gameplay, good god, I'm glad I didn't! Watch the gameplay below.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is more appealing to me than Binding of Isaac, I really don't understand what people see in that random generator game. This looks like a decent indie rpg scroller. And it's half the price of Isaac.

EDIT: Oh crap this one is rogue too. Not interested. I'll wait for Dragon Quest while playing Disgaea.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/03/24/has-been-heroes-review

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is more appealing to me than Binding of Isaac, I really don't understand what people see in that random generator game. This looks like a decent indie rpg scroller. And it's half the price of Isaac.

EDIT: Oh crap this one is rogue too. Not interested.
Yeah, I'm not really interested in those randomized rogue-likes.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im stuck with it.
Gamestoo had it bundle in when i got my switchit didnt shio because release date got push back.
Cant cancel it because its part of the bundle.
So they will be shipping it out to me on the 28.
But its a crap game looks like PvZ.

Now i got Isaac and that game is worth the buy.

But has been heros just does nothing for me

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game is like minecraft for me. Never played it, watched others play it, confirmed that I would never ever want to play it. I simply don't get it. What's wrong with real legos?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh wow, that looks really basic. Indeed looks like a phone game. In fact I've seen phone games that are almost identical to this. Much like those games, it's like a RPG without any of the fun parts.

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it reminds me of the flash games i played at juegos.com

Particularly it reminds me of Drago Adventure. The game was rather slow but still enjoyable. This game seems too fast.

>you know a game is bad if a fucking flash game about a dragon kid plays better than it.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, that looks really basic. Indeed looks like a phone game. In fact I've seen phone games that are almost identical to this. Much like those games, it's like a RPG without any of the fun parts.
This game seems like it was a waste of material to have made physical copies of.

Its upsetting to see physical copies get made for this when other more deserving games like Fast Racing RMX and Snipperclips are left digital only.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What's the issue? The person playing doesn't get to the actual game portion of it (when you have three heroes) quick enough, but otherwise it looks like all the other footage of it I've seen. Doesn't seem to be getting the greatest reviews, but the biggest complaint is consistently, "it's too hard." That's not a turn-off for me in a roguelike, sorry. I bought FTL back in 2012, been playing it on and off since then, and still have yet to beat it.

Not gonna cancel my pre-order, in any case. It was $20 off a gift card. Still have $25 on my eShop balance for Snake Pass, too.

Last edited by Xzi,

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not if you're being super picky about the label, but that's somewhat pointless because then you just end up breaking it down into more categories that all still have the world 'rogue' in them. AKA 'roguelite.'
Nah, I think these titles would only be called "Roguelites" at their best. Honestly, if you took the what made Rogue, well, Rogue, and compared it to the concept of something that prides itself on being a Roguelike such as Rogue Legacy...well, let's just say fans of Rogue would be scratching their heads wondering how it even came close to the fundamentals.

Not that I'm saying these titles are better or worse for the being Roguelike or otherwise, but to stay on topic, I don't think this title could be considered anything close to Rogue-like/lite/whathaveyou. It just seems procedurally generated, and a lot closer to a mobile game's repetitive style than a Rogue title's.

And if that's all it takes for people to call a game Rogue anything...oh boy.

Last edited by machomuu,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not that I'm saying these titles are better or worse for them, but to stay on topic, I don't think this title could be considered anything close to Rogue-like/lite/whathaveyou. It just seems procedurally generated, and a lot closer to a mobile game's repetitive style than a Rogue title's.
It also has permadeath and an unforgiving difficulty curve. Those plus procedural generation are pretty much all that's needed to claim roguelike status these days. See: Nuclear Throne, Galak-Z, Ziggurat, 20XX, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol