Has anyone used the content downloader in henkaku settings?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ZacharyAlkaff, Aug 8, 2017.

1. ZacharyAlkaff
    OP

ZacharyAlkaff Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2015
    United States
    What have you guys already done with your henkaku cfw vita.

2. Rasa39

Rasa39 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2015
    So far as I can tell it doesn't work, I tried to use it to download enso directly after my 64gb memory card completely corrupted (thankfully I have my old 16gb card). I linked the downloader directly to the online vpk, I tried it with vitashell and a bunch of homebrew apps but still no luck.

Thankfully I've ordered some sd2vita board that have just been fabricated so as soon as they arrive and I put them together I'll be using enso to auto-mount my sd card. Can't believe I wasted so much money on Sony's shitty proprietary corrupta-card, good thing we have a better option now.

ZacharyAlkaff likes this.
  3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I think it's for .pkg, since you can find something with the exact same name and UI in debug settings

4. Rasa39

Rasa39 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2015
    Oh right, I guess that makes sense, I never really used debug settings before.
    It would be cool if someone managed to find a way to make it download vpk instead, but I guess it's not worth it since the browser plugin lets you download anything.

5. ZacharyAlkaff
    OP

ZacharyAlkaff Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I agree I feel like it's too much of hastle and it would be really cool to have a vpk app downloader something similar to the 3ds free eshop homebrew

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    https://github.com/devnoname120/vhbb/releases

Of course you need to use vitashell or equivalent to install this one, which defeats the purpose of wanting an "install from arbitrary URL" directly in the operating system :)