Hacking Has anyone tried to Russian English patch for "Air" with the English script?

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In case this isn't common knowledge, there is a russian patch for Air (Vita version). Since the Vita version seems superior resolution and UI wise compared to the old 640x480 PC version, I wonder if anyone tried to replace the Russian text of that patch with the English fan translation for PC?

Edit: don't know what went wrong with the thread headline, it should mean...

Has anyone tried to replace the Russian patch for "Air" with the English script?

Last edited by moonblood666,

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, but why would you want to translate from Japanese to Russian then English? It makes no sense. You'll only create more confusion and errors.
They don't. They hope to rip the Russian text out of the patch files and replace it with a pre-existing English patch that was used for the PC version. They're hoping to use the Russian patch as a vessel for a different translation since a big part of translation patches is the technical hackery used to make them work. No idea if that would actually work though.

Reactions: Spazzery

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They don't. They hope to rip the Russian text out of the patch files and replace it with a pre-existing English patch that was used for the PC version. They're hoping to use the Russian patch as a vessel for a different translation since a big part of translation patches is the technical hackery used to make them work. No idea if that would actually work though.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Spazzery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
In case this isn't common knowledge, there is a russian patch for Air (Vita version). Since the Vita version seems superior resolution and UI wise compared to the old 640x480 PC version, I wonder if anyone tried to replace the Russian text of that patch with the English fan translation for PC?

Edit: don't know what went wrong with the thread headline, it should mean...

Has anyone tried to replace the Russian patch for "Air" with the English script?

Well OP, I think it is possible, you just need to take a look at the patch files and replace them with English (as well as potential graphics and CGs). This idea could be an easy job, but it could also be a lot of manual work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi