Hardware Has anyone tried a back shell mod that gives more airflow to the cooler fan?

jm30x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've overclocked my Switch, and after using it and noticing the fan getting loud under heavier overclocks, I removed the back shell completely and found the fan to be about 20% quieter (overclock would take fan to 100%, but now only takes it to 80%). This got me wondering if anyone had done a back shell mod where you gave more airflow directly over the input for the cooler fan? If anyone has done it, can I see pictures and what you did?

Thanks

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
you might be better getting a switch stand, i got the hori one as it doesnt restrict much, and then get a usb c extension cable, i got a braided one for mine but its too stiff, this would give it some breathing room and wouldnt need the back taken off, could also stick a fan under it as theres room for a small 100mm or so , or like ive done just get a cheap usb fan and stick that behind the console, i dont think its dropped temps that much, but its at least keeping the sd card slot and shell a bit cooler.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Coto @ Coto: though what the poster at http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/java said is true about Java, it...