Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Online play with backups never crossed my mind
blink.gif

I would like to know this too please, if anyone can test it.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
Neither Wiinja or CycloWiz allow you to play imports. The only way to test it would be with either chip installed in a Japanese Wii. The chances of someone here actually having the chip and a Japanese console are pretty slim.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Neither Wiinja or CycloWiz allow you to play imports. The only way to test it would be with either chip installed in a Japanese Wii. The chances of someone here actually having the chip and a Japanese console are pretty slim.

ummm... no?

all we need is someone with an ntsc wii with a modchip to play the game

there are 2 regions ntsc and pal... ntsc falls under american and japanese... while pal just falls undereuropean.

so if there is anyone here that is american with a chipped wii... pls test the game online!

Bullshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Neither Wiinja or CycloWiz allow you to play imports. The only way to test it would be with either chip installed in a Japanese Wii. The chances of someone here actually having the chip and a Japanese console are pretty slim.

ummm... no?

there are 2 regions ntsc and pal... ntsc falls under american and japanese... while pal just falls undereuropean.

so if there is anyone here that is american with a chipped wii... pls test the game online!

Actually right now only the Wiikey can play Japanese games in an American Wii. I'm not too sure about this but I don't think that the Wiikey's have been shipped yet so we will have to wait.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

xiaNaix has tested this, you haven't. Please don't spread false information.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Neither Wiinja or CycloWiz allow you to play imports.  The only way to test it would be with either chip installed in a Japanese Wii.  The chances of someone here actually having the chip and a Japanese console are pretty slim.

ummm... no?

Actually right now only the Wiikey can play Japanese games in an American Wii. I'm not too sure about this but I don't think that the Wiikey's have been shipped yet so we will have to wait.
yes... i only said that because i preordered a wiikey modchip

sorry to all u wiinja owners
(i dont no if the wiinja is the same)

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

ummm... no?

So what you are saying is that an unmodded NTSC USA release Wii can play NTSC Japanese Wii games..?
I believe you do not know what you are talking about.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Neither Wiinja or CycloWiz allow you to play imports.  The only way to test it would be with either chip installed in a Japanese Wii.  The chances of someone here actually having the chip and a Japanese console are pretty slim.

ummm... no?

So what you are saying is that an unmodded NTSC USA release Wii can play NTSC Japanese Wii games..?
I believe you do not know what you are talking about.
i told you i messed up...
gah...

i already stated that i thought the wiinja was just like the wiikey (the fact that ntsc usa wiis can play ntsc japanese games)

OKAY??!?!?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i told you i messed up...
gah...

i already stated that i thought the wiinja was just like the wiikey (the fact that ntsc usa wiis can play ntsc japanese games)

OKAY??!?!?
It's cool man, keep it together.
I was replying when you posted that, check the post times.

I was making reference to your whole "there are 2 regions ntsc and pal" thing which is not accurate. There are 3 regions for Wii games. NTSC and PAL are video standards.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow, what a clusterfuck this turned into.

North American NTSC Wii with current modchips can only play backups of North American NTSC games. Japanese and PAL games will not boot.

PAL Wii's can play games from any PAL region with current mods. NTSC games cannot be played.

Japanese NTSC Wii with current modchips can only play backups of Japanese NTSC games. North American and PAL games will not boot.

Online games are currently only available in Japan. The only way to test them would be with a modded Japanese Wii. I'm pretty sure they would work, though.

Wiikey reportedly will play same VIDEO region backups. With Wiikey, North American modded Wii's can play Japanese NTSC games but no PAL. One we get a Wiikey, we can test the online stuff in the Japanese games.
wink.gif

NoNameFace

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just burnt the Pokemon Battle Revolution and It did not work..
frown.gif

I inserted the disc and I got this error message right away!

wiipokemonerrorba0.th.jpg

I think this game has some kind of protection..
I've burnt 6 games so far, none of them has any problems besides Pokemon !!! :'(

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just burnt the Pokemon Battle Revolution and It did not work..Â
frown.gif

I've burnt 6 games so far, none of them has any problems besides Pokemon !!! :'(

OH SNAP

The game i wanted to play the most with my Wiikey =/

OH WHY

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just burnt the Pokemon Battle Revolution and It did not work..Â
frown.gif

I've burnt 6 games so far, none of them has any problems besides Pokemon !!! :'(

What region Wii are you using this in? What modchip are you using?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I just burnt the Pokemon Battle Revolution and It did not work.. 
frown.gif

I've burnt 6 games so far, none of them has any problems besides Pokemon !!!  :'(

What region Wii are you using this in? What modchip are you using?

Yeah, unless you've got a Jap Wii or a US Wii chipped with one of the partially region free chips, it's possible that's Japanese for "Haha, no play game for you, round eye!"

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country

I can translate some of that actually, one bit in the middle says 'off'. So it's telling you to ******* off and ******, whatever it is...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things