Hacking Has anyone managed to get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D working on O3DS?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 12,117
  • Replies 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
I heard that some people ran an experiment to see how it would've turned out if it was released for O3DS. I just want to play the game like normal really... (I don't really care if it has lag or what-not.)

I basically have it as a CIA on emunand at the moment. Is there anything in that CIA which makes it N3DS-exclusive that I could take out so it'd work?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Hmm... well, I'll see if I can dig up anything in the CIA file (perhaps, I'll investigate the RSF editing idea that @George35000vr suggested).

even you if you manage to start it somehow some way . its gonna be lag fest 2016 edition
How laggy are we talking?

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This?

As a comment there says:

It is running not so horribly becuase: 1. HANS enables the N3DS L2 cache by default, something that a O3DS does not have. 2. The N3DS has extra CPU cores. 3. The N3DS has more RAM and VRAM. An original 3ds won't be able to run even at half the speed this video.

I think people also think it runs better than it does because the music doesn't lag with the game, but if it did, it'd hit home just how slow it really is going.

Last edited by goober,
D

Deleted User

OP
This?

As a comment there says:

It is running not so horribly becuase: 1. HANS enables the N3DS L2 cache by default, something that a O3DS does not have. 2. The N3DS has extra CPU cores. 3. The N3DS has more RAM and VRAM. An original 3ds won't be able to run even at half the speed this video.

I think people also think it runs better than it does because the music doesn't lag with the game, but if it did, it'd hit home just how slow it really is going.

Is the video showing an O3DS or an N3DS in action? Because the slow gameplay doesn't really look like something that'll slag me off.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible to run Xenoblade through HANS if it's installed as a CIA on emunand?

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the video showing an O3DS or an N3DS in action? Because the slow gameplay doesn't really look like something that'll slag me off.

Is it possible to run Xenoblade through HANS if it's installed as a CIA on emunand?

I'm sort of clueless on this, why do you want to run this game if it's going to run like shit, and take almost 2 gigs for no reason? It's not like you're going to be able to play the whole game on it. Anyways, I don't think it's even possible to run it, because the game won't even start up, due to hardware it needs not existing at all. So, it's gonna run at a fine 0FPS.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Anyways, I don't think it's even possible to run it, because the game won't even start up, due to hardware it needs not existing at all. So, it's gonna run at a fine 0FPS.
All the rest of what you said is fine. ;)

However, I disagree with the quoted piece above for obvious reasons. (some people managed to actually run it, but like others said, it'd only run at 1-5fps.)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

thats on a new 3ds with clock speed set to o3ds level (however, it still have better ram and more cpu cores making it run better than it would on actual 2ds hardware. for example, the music is running fine, but on actual o3ds, it'd most likely be staggery and screetchy )

D

Deleted User

OP
thats on a new 3ds with clock speed set to o3ds level (however, it still have better ram and more cpu cores making it run better than it would on actual 2ds hardware)
Ah, so no-one has actually managed to get it up and running for O3DS then? Damn, I thought some people got it working; I didn't think they were just using O3DS clock settings on N3DS. :(

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dude, just buy a freaking new 3DS or Wii if you want to play it that badly. I can't believe how cheap people are sometimes.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so no-one has actually managed to get it up and running for O3DS then? Damn, I thought some people got it working; I didn't think they were just using O3DS clock settings. :(

The O3DS would go apeshit trying to run it, that's why there is no video proof of it. The closest I've seen is that fake test with the N3DS, and someone putting the actual cart into an O3DS and the 3DS rejecting it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Dude, just buy a freaking new 3DS or Wii if you want to play it that badly. I can't believe how cheap people are sometimes.
Thank you for your kind words. You obviously hit the nail square on the head there...

Also WTF learn2read signatures dude... I have a Wii already... It's just nice to see if things like this can/could be possible, that's all.

Ah, plus there are some people here who would actually like to save money thanks...

I could go on and on and on about what you said there, you know.

Reactions: Ace001
D

Deleted-19228

OP
N3ds run on N3ds for a reason...because they can't run well on old systems.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your kind words. You obviously hit the nail square on the head there...

Also WTF learn2read signatures dude... I have a Wii already... It's just nice to see if things like this can/could be possible, that's all.

Ah, plus there are some people here who would actually like to save money thanks...

I could go on and on and on about what you said there, you know.
Why not just get the Wii version...?

Anyway, at the end of the day, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D can't run on an Old3DS. It's either you save up for a New3DS or save up and get the Wii version.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,
D

Deleted User

OP
Your Wii can use USBLoaderGX. So why not just get the Wii version?
I'm downloading the Wii version as we speak. I just thought it would be nice to play Xenoblade on either my O3DS XL or, god forbid, the 2DS. I only asked if it was possible to play on O3DS because I bricked my N3DS a month ago now, and I'd much rather use the things I already have, and I'd also like to save my money for things other than a replacement.
(people, take any disrespectful comments about me bricking my N3DS out of this, and into a PM. Thx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge. +1