Has anyone made PSX run on PSP??

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ridgecity, Jan 11, 2007.

Jan 11, 2007
  1. ridgecity
    OP

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    I can't get it to work, I ave tried all those gui popstation things! maybe I'm just an idiot but can someone point towards a easy tutorial that you know works??

2. ChiroToB

Member ChiroToB GBAtemp Regular

United States
    it's really easy... but what firmware do you have on your PSP? You need to have 3.02 OE-B, or 3.03 OE-A, or 3.03 OE-A2, or lastly, 3.03 OE-B... all custom firmwares by Dark_Alex

3. serious_sean

Member serious_sean GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have gotten it working, and i had a lot of trouble, so now that i've gotten it working, i know a lot. if you have a specific question, ask away and i can help!

4. ridgecity
    OP

Mexico
    I have 3.02 OE-B and I got the Golf game that Sony made.

I can't use that CDRWIN program because I only have a DVD drive, so I make the iso with WinISO, ten convert to bin with it

question 1: ISO or Bin?

question 2: are Parappa, Final Fantasy 9 & Vagrant story working?

question 3: I have original cds, do they work? maybe backups maybe less protected or something...

Can you guys write the steps you follow to get them?

I feel bad that I got this PSP just like 3 ago just for tihs and now can't make it work hahahahaha [​IMG]

5. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

you should download ready-made PSX games (PSX-PSP), they can be found easily (especially on usenet)

they are already converted and ready to run on PSP with the custom firmwares

6. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    1) Either if it's a proper rip from a proper iso

2) They are all working from the compatibility list on maxconsole. (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40526)

3) original cds will work if you rip from that.

Try to use alchohol 120% if you have problems with cdrwin, works well. If using a command line popstation is too difficult for you, use the psx2psp gui downloadable @ maxconsole. I don't recommend getting the premade eboots released by ambiguous groups since some of them aren't properly converted to have their own save space. The GUI (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40946) has easy to use instructions and works like a charm. One last note I made a mistake on is to put the game in PSP/GAME no matter if you set game to 3.03 or 1.50 kernel mode in recovery menu. It's not going to run in GAME303. Good luck.

7. ridgecity
    OP

Mexico
    thanks guys sounds like I got homework for tonight aaahhhahahh.... I post what happens and will try your methods.

I don't know how to use usenet, do you have to pay to get acess? everything seems to get uploaded on that!

8. WildCard

Member WildCard Advanced Member

United States
    All you gotta do is convert the psx disc to img or iso or whatever and use popstation to convert it. Make sure to read the instructions thats in the readme file. And yes, FF9 and Vagrant work. Don't know about Parappa.

9. Mikerochip

Newcomer Mikerochip Member

Ireland
    Yeah, pretty easy.

you can use bin or iso files.

CDRWin works with dvd+-rw's btw

if you have any questions post 'em or im me.

10. gbasho

Newcomer gbasho Member

United States
    Hi, this may have been answered in this thread or a PM, but mebbe I can be of some help.

First, this is for the popstation for 3.03 oe-a'/b. If you do not have either, I would suggest you upgrade as the support compressed PSX games (

11. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    If all else fails, search YouTube. It is Internet God.

12. ridgecity
    OP

Mexico
    I'm going to try it and first I gotta update to the 3.03oe-b, but do I have to keep the firmware files from the updates on the game folder? I don't want my sisters executing one and bricking the thing....

13. mikesinclair555

Member mikesinclair555 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No you can delete them once you have updated.

14. ridgecity
    OP

Mexico
    MY GOD!!!! I got it working!! now if my Parappa game wasn't scratched I would be playing it! Guess now to look for one of those cd repair kits... Thanks a lot guys for helping me. You guys are the best... Now I gotta play Rival schools!!!

15. jpxdude

Member jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Parappa works, but the PS1 game is completely out of sync, and virtually unplayable on the PSP. I recommend downloading the newly released JAP version of the PSP game release, which has crisper sound, sharper widescreen graphics, and also an english option [​IMG] works perfectly, and is an exact replica of the original PS1 version. I am getting my 2GB MSPro Duo card today, so I'll be testing out FF7 all over again [​IMG]

16. gbasho

Newcomer gbasho Member

United States
    haha, i know that feeling of something finally working, congrats! i think i may hafta look into the new parappa, but so far my ps1 one works ok.. mebbe it is a little off >.>

Rival Schools 4eva! Have you played Moero: Justice Gakuen on the Dreamcast, the best non-portable console of all time?

...of aaaaall time...

17. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    FF7 works flawlessly other on 3.02OE-B other than the battle cursor problem but on 3.03OE-X, the swirl going into battle is broken...but other than that it's perfect. It's nice to pull out my level 99 Aerith game and my final complete game with everything in the game to relive memories....had to buy a damn dexdrive though to pull those files....don't know how I use to stand serial connections. After I re-finish my ff5 game, I'm planning on revisiting FF Tactics to see what all the craze is about....the advancements on the psp recently has made me put my DS down temporarily.....but also because I've played the major games I wanted to play on the DS to death already.

18. flai

Member flai Androgynous Apparently :)

United Kingdom
    Works and has been working for me for ages.

19. ridgecity
    OP

Mexico
    I could never find a dreamcast here in Mexico, but when that chankast started working I was hoping to play some Sega classics (Jet Set Radio?) but those guys just wanted to prove it works or something like that. Yet no one else could pull it off ever. Guess they were Sega workers or something.

20. gbasho

Newcomer gbasho Member

United States
    ...i want a dex drive ; ;