Has anyone heard of this program called fightcade?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Subzero100, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Subzero100
    OP

Subzero100 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2012
    United States
    Apparently its a online p2p program that is a haven for cheaters, and hackers alike. If the game happens to run you will see things in games like street fighter II, and samurai shodown that's impossible to pull off on the real hardware. For instance multiple inputs that are half a second apart that only a cpu could do, and the people you play claim it's done by human hands. Just about all of the matches almost crashed because of the multiple button commands. Has anyone used this program, and witnessed any of this?

2. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    I used it a bit a few years ago, and it was ok - it didn't have any of the obvious hacking you mention (had a strict rom version list that had to be used)... but it only seemed worth it for the most popular titles, as they were the only ones you could consistently find matches on.
    It may have gotten better since I last used it, so I'd be interested to hear from anyone that's used it recently or has used it regularly for a while.

Last edited by duwen, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Subzero100
    OP

Subzero100 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2012
    United States
    i just used the same game in mame and that other emu was running the exactly game 3 to 4 times faster than it was meant to run. The game i ran was the original street fighter 2 championship edition, and someone was using run throwing fireballs so fast u could even move.

4. solidus5790

solidus5790 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2019
    United States
    Yep I use it, its pretty cool. Honestly for me the biggest issue is lag. I play SF2 on it and the issue seems to be that a large portion of the playerbase are in South America. I notice lag when I play on it, and its just way too much for something as sensitive as Street Fighter. When I play someone close by in the US its quite nice. I think part of the issue is that they basically hacked netcode into the games that obviously never had them. I imagine its not perfect, so you are dealing with that plus the normal internet latency issues. So it doesnt seem to be capable of the same seamlessness as something like SF5 that was built to be online.

5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Not only that, but it's server based, unlike fightcade which is pier to pier. I already have street fighter 30 anniversary collection if I want to play classic street fighter online. :P

6. SpiffyJUNIOR

SpiffyJUNIOR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
    Oh yeah, love it for arcade game netplay. It has a horrible racism and pedophilia problem though.

7. solidus5790

solidus5790 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2019
    United States
    Oh damn, I didnt know that. Gross

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Does the 30th anniversary allow you to play all of them online? If so, are they actually rebuilt with server-side multiplayer from the ground up? If so thats awesome

8. SpiffyJUNIOR

SpiffyJUNIOR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
    Just for clarification, those reports on reddit were months ago and iirc nothing happened because of it but i mean still

9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    :P

upload_2019-8-17_22-58-34.

Also to add, it's the arcade version. Not any of the home console versions. I also think it does not use roll back net code like street fighter V does.

10. solidus5790

solidus5790 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2019
    United States
    Oh boy, thats enticing.

11. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    Possibly the worst home versions ever released. Really bad input lag IN OFFLINE MODE - even worse online. Worst version of each games arcade rom... seriously, SFIII Online on X360 and PS3 is the best way to play Third Strike online, there's unfortunately not an easy option for online play of the other titles though... but I still would never recommend 30th Anniversary.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted