Has anyone had any success in making their Retroid Pocket 2+ handhelds functional with GameCube/PS2/etc. games?

Sworly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Retroid Pocket 2+ about a week or so back, and just feel super discouraged to play anything on it. I've tried using different emulators and the like to run more intensive games on it, but the thing struggles with even just Nintendo 64 games after a small period of time (severe slowdown to the point of hitting 10-15 FPS in Crusin' USA after a few races). I'm at a loss of what to do, and based on other accounts, it seems like this is just how the handheld is in functionality.

Has anyone had any luck in doing anything to get around this flaw? I really love having that mobility with this handheld, but the inability to play half of the shit that was advertised is a huge detriment and a bummer.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested Cruis'n USA with Mupen64Plus FZ v3.0.320 and it runs well with the GlideN64-Fast profile. It throttles between 29 and 30 fps. Not the coveted 60+, but it's better than real hardware because most (all?) games were capped at ~17fps for PAL and ~20fps for NTSC.

Reactions: Sworly

Sworly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested Cruis'n USA with Mupen64Plus FZ v3.0.320 and it runs well with the GlideN64-Fast profile. It throttles between 29 and 30 fps. Not the coveted 60+, but it's better than real hardware because most (all?) games were capped at ~17fps for PAL and ~20fps for NTSC.
I'll have to give that a try, thank you for the information! :D

Reactions: cracker

Sworly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double ping, but as it turns out, Muper64Plus works phenomenally! There's still a little bit of stutter in Cruis'n USA, but it's substantially better than what I was observing with RetroArch. Thank you so much for your help with this, it's really appreciated!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double ping, but as it turns out, Muper64Plus works phenomenally! There's still a little bit of stutter in Cruis'n USA, but it's substantially better than what I was observing with RetroArch. Thank you so much for your help with this, it's really appreciated!

No problem. In general, anything after GBA is going to run better in dedicated emulators than RA cores.

Reactions: Sworly

Sworly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm slowly discovering that :O I'm just glad there's more than RA available for download (either through sideloading or Google Play Store) for mobile devices

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte