Has anyone gotten Twilight Princess HD to load quicker? - Loadiine GX2 v0.3

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kafluke, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I'm 75% of the way through the game. The load times in between the maps is getting a bit unbearable.

USA Twilight Princess HD
    5.4u
    Loadiine GX2 v0.3
    128GB SD formatted to fat32 64k clusters

Everything else loads fine. (Except SM3DW)

Last edited by Kafluke, Apr 30, 2016

2. Hikari06

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    I guess it mostly depends on your sd card speed but have you tried with 64k cluster size ?

retrohead likes this.
  3. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Sorry I should have mentioned that. Yes. 128gb with 64k clusters. Everything else loads fine (except SM3DW of course)

4. [^Blark^]

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2012
    United States
    @Kafluke

digging up an old thread only because I see you said you are 75% through the game.

I encountered a DSI error while loading my Twilight HD today. before it worked. only thing I did differently was fill up my SD card to the max (32GB) only like 10 MB free. I have a backup of my dump I can just recopy and see if it fixes.

my question is have you encountered the dsi error while playing? I'm not asking why I encountered it but only if you have at had this error. ( probably not as you are 75% /possible done by now...) but I'm just curious.

thanks in advance for the input :)

EDIT: tried loading it today no DSI error I didn't copy new files either it just worked all of a sudden. Idk what the DSI error is a bit but if you encounter it anyone else reading this just keep trying or reload the kernel exploit it will work eventually

Last edited by [^Blark^], May 9, 2016
  5. WasdCat

WasdCat Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    I've got the same problem my sd has got 32gb, class 10, 95MB/s and the load of the scenes and maps are slowly

6. backer22

backer22 Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2016
    Mexico
    This problem is normal, 'cause wii u has to load the files from the sd and it's thinking that is a disc not a game from the eShop

7. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Sometimes randomly I'll get dsi but only when first loading the game. Probably 1 out of 50

8. appleburger

appleburger Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2012
    United States
    How long are the load times for you guys? If I'm, say, opening a door in a temple, it'll take around 1 second and pause to load the room, and in the overworld load times are around 6 seconds average for me. This is on a 80MB/s card.

I haven't tried playing with the update yet, though. Does the update help the game load faster?

9. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Nope. Play with your disc directly.

10. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
  11. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
  12. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    About 4-8 seconds

13. Kafluke
    OP

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
  14. apachehavok

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Whats the exact card you are using Kafluke? Give me some repo steps. Ill report back for ya. I just got a brand new 256gb card and ill see what I get.

15. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Have you tried using the game disc?

16. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    You think there's a possibility he/she doesn't have the disk ?!?! ;) I'm sure this is a loadiine / SD problem I can't see Nintendo releasing a game with these load times

17. apachehavok

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Oh its absolutely an SD/loadline issue. Disk is probably fine. Just trying to see if anyone DOESNT have that issue and try and find out how they achieved it

18. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    im actually hopeing someone can fix this a bit aswell the wonderfull 101 had similer problems as did sfz they have been fixxed not zelda hd or smw3d yet ..............oh pokken is a bi slow aswell at times aswell

19. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    Most games are not written as flexibly as W101 and SFZ were
    Only way to get all the small game files into one container would be a virtual file system, like wbfs. I asked Dimok to look into it, but I don't think he is that interested

The benefit is theoretical, it might have no real world impact

20. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    well, it could be possible to modify some of the Yaz0 SArchives but I can't find a yaz0 that won't crash when i add lots of stuff to it. Haven't revisited for this reason. Only reason I bothered trying though is because of the file lists in the main content folder. Figured we might be able to modify something.