Hacking Has anyone gotten Gecko OS Running off Bannerbomb yet?

ChiboSempai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried searching, couldn't find a direct answer. I know it didn't at first, but I wasn't sure if there was some sort of update to make it work.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...I see the use in that and also thought it would be a good idea for those who want to try playing balanced brawl or brawl+ or something without having to install anything on their Wii, but I didn't know it didn't work at first and don't see why it wouldn't in theory. What sort of error did it give if you just put the boot.dol of it at the root and tried to run it? How about trying to run it through Loadmii via bannerbomb or something?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
are you trying to use GECKO loader with a SOFT MODDED Wii?

is that what you mean???

You need a mod chip to use GECKO loader on its own afaik ...other than that use the modded NEOGAMMA loader instead
smile.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
are you trying to use GECKO loader with a SOFT MODDED Wii?

is that what you mean???

You need a mod chip to use GECKO loader on its own afaik ...other than that use the modded NEOGAMMA loader instead
smile.gif

I think he means trying to run GeckoOS on a VIRGIN Wii that doesn't even have the HBC on it, so you don't have to do anything to your Wii to play import games or balanced brawl/brawl+ or something of the sort by just running GeckoOS through bannerbomb and loading the game through that.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
kobykaan said:
smile.gif
No GeckOS is a great piece of software, even without a chip/cIOSCORP. It's 10 times better than freeloader

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if such a thing would work. But even if it did it'd be a bit cumbersome and annoying to do.

Why not just install the homebrew channel and load Gecko OS using that?

ChiboSempai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea most ppl here have it right, except the guy who said u need a chip to use gecko os lol

but yea, i need to run code files (.gct), preferably with the new method in gecko 1.9 that has no line limit (if there is an option that uses the old method with the 256 line limit i think it is i can work with it) that can run on a virgin wii with no installation of anything whatsoever.

this is so we can safely and quickly get games with codes running (brawl+, bB, etc) and any wii can be used. everyone should WANT the HBC lol, but not everyone does and want to stay away from that stuff for some reason.

Or perhaps something can be specially coded for this? Works with bannerbomb, simply launches the game in the disc drive with codes enabled.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok stand corrected ... not really looked into geko but reading around most threads seemed to imply to run games from disk using geko you needed a mod chip!?

TheWiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't figure it out either. I tried it out at a friend 's house with his virgin wii so we could play brawl+ and all it gave me was a code dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.