Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

NiceCreamGuy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No, if someone gets banned, they should not be pawning off their mistake on anyone. Period. Don't sell it on craigslist. Don't sell it on eBay, don't sell it to Gamestop. Own your mistake.

hey my boy,
this site is to exploit the top to bottom of every systems
meaning bans are included as well in addition to piracy
if you like it or not keep it to yourself
no1 wants to hear that
mostly when we see 5 pages long of people complain why did you played online that's useless
it will most likely happen to you one day
let's wait untillyou come winning to us

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I am. The first was never passed and the second was passed with ammendments. It also applies to people sharing, not the downloaders.

"This act, also known as the "ART Act", is targeted at preventing copyright infringement of movies and software. It specifically targets two activities: filming movies in a movie theater, and early release of movies and software before they become publicly available."
You are right. My mistake.

@NiceCreamGuy My point was not to call him a criminal. I have pirated things before too, I'm not trying to be a hypocrite. All I'm saying is that by pirating their game, he has no right to throw a temper-tantrum over them not telling him specifically why he was banned. He stole from them, they don't owe him a god damn thing.

ispano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey my boy,
this site is to exploit the top to bottom of every systems
meaning bans are included as well in addition to piracy
if you like it or not keep it to yourself
no1 wants to hear that
mostly when we see 5 pages long of people complain why did you played online that's useless
it will most likely happen to you one day
let's wait untillyou come winning to us

I have no problem with pirates, none whatsoever in fact. I only have an issue with pirates who pass their mistakes onto other unwilling people. I never said anyone specific did it, I just added it to my reply to you as a reason people might be mad.

Reactions: bkifft

NiceCreamGuy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no problem with pirates, none whatsoever in fact. I only have an issue with pirates who pass their mistakes onto other unwilling people. I never said anyone specific did it, I just added it to my reply to you as a reason people might be mad.
with threads that you can ignore
this will end very quickly trust
there is a developer who is comming with a bypass
i did some research and i talked to him

windwakemeupinside

Resident Gost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Why are we fighting over this again?

While I don't care about pirating (companies are shit, exc exc....) I do think getting a console ID off a used3ds and then selling the extra is wrong. If you are going to do this, keep the other 3ds so you don't screw over someone else if Nintendo actually stops being lazy and bans the new console ID.

windwakemeupinside

Resident Gost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you get banned buy another 3ds then you can unban the banned 3ds and have 2 3ds

Not if you get banned and the other 3ds is somewhere else, likely in some small kid's hands who is going to wonder why he can't play Pokemon online anymore.

That was my point though, keep the 3ds you buy to unban yourself, do not sell it off or return it.

TylerToilet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I live in Australia and they online ban sure but refusing access to a digital good is illegal under consumer law.

Consumer guarantees applying to goods
come with undisturbed possession, so no one has the right to take the goods away from or to prevent the consumer from using them

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I live in Australia and they online ban sure but refusing access to a digital good is illegal under consumer law.

come with undisturbed possession, so no one has the right to take the goods away from or to prevent the consumer from using them
it's still in your possession, you don't own nintendo's server or eshop though

ispano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Except, you know, this, one of the exceptions to those guarantees: "misused a product in any way that caused the problem"

If you get banned for doing something you're not supposed to do, especially something illegal, those laws are not going to help you.

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That was the first thing I said to you.... Someone else called you entitled. I do agree with him, though. That fact that you think Nintendo owes you an explanation after you STOLE FROM THEM makes you entitled. They don't owe you ANYTHING. If they really wanted to, they could easily file a criminal lawsuit against you. If your profile is correct and you really are 26, you should be beaten with an oar. How does someone your age think this way?
In the vast majority of countries, copyright infringement and theft are two separate statutes. Therefore it is hyperbole to state that copyright infringement ("piracy") is theft/stealing. It is copyright infringement. Nothing more and nothing less. No need to be hyperbolic about it. Still illegal, but not theft. Just because you are morally opposed to something doesn't magically turn one crime into another. Criminal codes are clearly delineated when it comes to theft and copyright infringement. If you have a moral opposition to infringement that's fine. But you are entering the realm of opinion rather than fact when you say that it is stealing.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 1985 that infringement does not equate with theft. See Dowling v. United States (1985), 473 U.S. 207, 217–218).

Also at least in the US there is no such thing as a "Criminal lawsuit." Lawsuits are within the civil domain. You do not go to jail or prison losing a lawsuit* unless your country has debtor prisons and you refuse to pay if you get a judgement against you awarding damages to the other party. If you lose a lawsuit and refuse to pay then you go into debt and depending on the state your wages can be garnished, a lien can be placed against one or more assets, and/or the winning party can be entitled to withholding from your checking account(s). * = Two notable exceptions are lawsuits where the plaintiff is the Internal Revenue Service and cases involving child support ("deadbeat fathers.")

If you wish to prove me wrong, look through case law on LexisNexis or WestLaw and cite specific cases where a defendant was convicted of theft and/or larceny for copyright infringement and the appellate court(s) upheld the judgement. If you can find even one case then judicial precedence could perhaps establish that copyright infringement is theft. I'll also accept citations of non-U.S. cases if the source is credible for case law. And before you cite Dowling v. US, know that

Alternatively, you could look through statutes for a developed first world country such as those in Western Europe, Canada, United States, etc where either a theft or larceny statute would apply to copyright infringement.

An example of theft would be removing a physical copy of Pokémon Sun and/or Moon from GameStop without paying for it and without authorization. That would be the act of stealing.

If it were possible to convict someone of theft and/or larceny for copyright infringement then prosecutors would most certainly do so. Prosecutors in the U.S. have a habit of overcharging people so they can pressure the defendant into a proffer (plea bargain).

Again, copyright infringement is still illegal and indeed can be considered a felony in some cases (such as being the original source to leak a prerelease games), but it is not "stealing." It is copyright infringement. No need to say an apple is also an orange in addition to being an apple.

But ultimately, yes, Nintendo can deny anyone access to their servers for any reason or even no reason. At least in the U.S. that is within their rights.

Last edited by Rfire,

Neal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did they actually ban NNID's though? Has anyone unlinked the NNID by calling nintendo and trying to link it on a new device?

D

Deleted User

When you purchase digital games you purchase the license to borrow them, you don't technically own the games. I'm no expert I just know the jist.

Reactions: fodder

Gourmont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As a french lawyer, I can confirm that Nintendo (at least in EU, didn't read other regions Terms and Conditions) has the right to revoke your license (= take your digital game from you) if you break the contract you've concluded with them. And piracy is obviously not allowed by the Terms and Conditions.

Reactions: Deleted User

Cramot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When you purchase digital games you purchase the license to borrow them, you don't technically own the games. I'm no expert I just know the jist.

While I'm no expert either, a least in Europe, said license is irrevocable, though I'm probably wrong on that (while in the US, you're buying a revocable license)

Again, another reason why PC gaming is superior, Steam won't ban my entire library for one pirated game :^)

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just going to say this but please for the love of anything good don't sell the 3ds that's ban to anywhere. my nephew was given a 3ds that was banned and when his parents went to return it they said it was banned and they made a fuzz about not wanting to take it back this was with gamestop. just keep it or use it as target practice I don't care just don't sell it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"