Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Antipika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So you took another 3ds's friendseed or generated another one with your own 3ds somehow?

Just took the one from my O3DS.

It's 100% impossible for anyone to own a legit digital copy right now, so anyone playing the game online with a console-generated header (not a physical cart) must have pirated the game. So they banned anyone that pirated the game. How are they in the wrong?

Banned from playing the said content (i.e. pirated pokemon) sure, everything else? That's just extremely shortsighted from Nintendo and will result in legit users being impaired as well. How? By buying banned consoles on the second hand market without knowing it.

It's the X360 Live bans drama all over again. Countless legit buyers got scammed could it be through ebay, craigslist and so on. Banning hardware achieve nothing.

It doesn't discourage pirates (well you can't even access the eshop anymore so not like you can buy games can you?). All it does is forcing them to be more careful and impairing legit users. Something like a soft ban (i.e. pirated copies of moon/sun can only play with other pirates) would have been more efficient. You still protect legit users from pirates and keep the "legit" ecosystem clean yet without making thousands hardware units useless.

Last edited by Antipika,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Someone said that the .cias we got have the version number edited to 0 (I will like to know a little more about this). So Nintendo can tell if we are using ilegal .cias, but they cant tell about the save game. So playing the same save game with a different .cia would be ok? Isnt the save releated to the copy?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But legit copies where banned too.
Yeah but those people who were playing legit merely have to call Nintendo and provide their receipt. Easy fix but inconvenient, another reason a few people can ruin things for the many. Although even playing legit online before release wasn't smart if you were trying to avoid the culling. CIA's don't use headers so there's no way to tell who's using a legit cart vs a dump = ban everyone using the server prematurely. That's just common sense too Lol

JVG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i'm the same as the bandwagon, 002-0102 in game and 022-2812 in the shop

i wouldn't care less if its perma ban from the shop, only if that doesnt bother the online play from popular games its k
Yeah, I'm fine with eShop. I just want to be able to connect to Pokemon Bank and retrieve my Pokemon.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how we all have so many theories that this is only a 15-day ban but only a official nintendo post brings down all our hope

haha nice
Nintendo isn't going to tell anyone straight up if it's perma or not, why would they want to give you reassurance after you fucked up? They couldn't care less.

FourSevenTeen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirming this. Literally took 2min to fix the "game ban".

Couldn't care less about eshop or NNID features (and I don't even get why anyone would care). Not like I'd give Nintendo a single dollar buying software after what they pulled today.

But now, how do I obtain a clean copy of the LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file. My buddy thinks it will get his 3ds banned if he dumps his and gives it to me.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But legit copies where banned too.

If I'm not mistaken people were told not to go online until release day. Not sure if it was just reviewers or other people who got their hands on a legit cart. One should have thought that going online before the worldwide release would be rather pointless, especially when the community hasn't blossomed yet and won't until release day, as in thousands of people going online doing whatever.

Besides, they could call Nintendo and make their case, and have proof to back it up.

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could anyone try this?

1. create emunand with emunand9
2. boot into emunand and unlink it with tinyformat (iirc that's how it worked)
3. get into D9 and to emunand dump for the file
4. inject it into sysnand

and I mean the LocalFriendCodeSeed or whatever its called (fk these names)
It might be generated anew but idk

This idea isnt mine im just posting it here

Last edited by Noroxus,
Reactions: QuickQuestion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1