Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i changed the old serial numbers and the different region to same with my banned 3ds' serial numbers and also the region too on friendseed file while i transfer it to my banned 3ds. how can nintendo see the difference?

If you've miraculously moved your NNID over without system transferring/using support - that's definitely 1 way they can (point about having all transfers on record).

There could be another means, like a backup console ID somewhere we haven't found yet (which they can use to cross reference the change in ID). It's very early to tell as this is a pretty recent exploit/work around.

There's no telling what Nintendo is up to. After all, the Sun-Moon thing came as a surprise (first time it's happened I think), so it's entirely possible they could send out a sneaky update to screw something up etc.

bytar

Holy Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you've miraculously moved your NNID over without system transferring/using support - that's definitely 1 way they can (point about having all transfers on record).

There could be another means, like a backup console ID somewhere we haven't found yet (which they can use to cross reference the change in ID). It's very early to tell as this is a pretty recent exploit/work around.

There's no telling what Nintendo is up to. After all, the Sun-Moon thing came as a surprise (first time it's happened I think), so it's entirely possible they could send out a sneaky update to screw something up etc.

i don't have nnid now and when i try i take an error. i have an e-shop ban still though... i just worked on the both emunands. i think it is a private friend... file my own 3ds, not public right? i wonder if anyone rebanned who is in the same situation with me. i am pretty sure if i will be rebanned, my both consoles will be banned.

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
W
Well, they've already started (perma) banning people using public friendseed_A files, so it's entirely possible Nintendo will notice something up (especially after the Sun/Moon fiasco).

They could start detecting sudden changes in console ID and NNIDs linked to it and take action from there (as they keep track of system transfers and support granted NNID moves to other 3DS' etc (hence the "wait a week to system transfer" and wait 3 months for support transfer) meaning if there's a sudden, unexplained change in recent NNIDs and console IDs, they can look up the ID for any system transfers and if none exists - bans you again etc.

At the moment, there's no sign of that (so you're safe) but since Nintendo obviously never thought we'd be able to unban 3DS' - it's entirely possible they'll take action in the future.
Wait they already banned the public seed?

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W

Wait they already banned the public seed?

From what I've heard, yup the public friendseed has been causing bans (not surprising as it's pretty easy to see 100+ 3DS's online at the same time, with the same seed). Private seeds seem fine so far however.

Now, nothing else was said so take it with a grain of salt (for example, they could have been banned for something else and not the friend seed, or it could just be the friend seed).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i don't have nnid now and when i try i take an error. i have an e-shop ban still though... i just worked on the both emunands. i think it is a private friend... file my own 3ds, not public right? i wonder if anyone rebanned who is in the same situation with me. i am pretty sure if i will be rebanned, my both consoles will be banned.

If it's from a device you own, it's a private seed. If you downloaded it from somewhere, it's public and should be held with caution (as others will also be using it).

If you're banned again, both consoles will be banned - yeah.

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would say it's pretty confirmed that the NNID is not really banned. As my (and several other users) WiiU's work just fine.
I see posts stating you can "unlink your NNID" with a special build of Luma(?), my question is this: Has anyone confirmed that they can log onto a new 3DS (not banned) with their old account?
I happen to have a new device laying here, but I was afraid to use my old NNID so I made a new one. All tho I now realize that I no longer will be collecting points for my old "My Nintendo" page.

Has anyone tried linking the NNID they had on a banned console, to a new one? Still scared to test. Hoping maybe someone have given it a go. Would be sad if the new console gets auto banned. (Assuming you got it unlinked)

Last edited by Pokepicker,

iZallen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
15 days later (022-2812 & 002-0102) still banned~ I'll wait one more day to see then we can make an assumption. (Was banned since 11/16)

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard, yup the public friendseed has been causing bans (not surprising as it's pretty easy to see 100+ 3DS's online at the same time, with the same seed). Private seeds seem fine so far however.

Now, nothing else was said so take it with a grain of salt (for example, they could have been banned for something else and not the friend seed, or it could just be the friend seed).

Im using public friendseed, the one everyone im assuming is also using.. and Ive still been playing online just fine (though I left my NNID alone and banned, since I never used it anyway)

Where did you (or anyone else) read/hear of this happening?

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using public friendseed, the one everyone im assuming is also using.. and Ive still been playing online just fine (though I left my NNID alone and banned, since I never used it anyway)

Where did you (or anyone else) read/hear of this happening?

I actually heard about it first in the initial "banned from Sun Moon" thread. It then spread onto the other threads about how to unban yourself.

Sirence

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Has anyone heard of any bans from playing the free shop version online?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

is it safe when your first offline play time before release too? i changed it but the first time is saved at the logs. can nintendo see the logs?
Yes, people only got banend playing online before release

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol why are people still asking if it's safe to play a game that's been out for like two weeks. YES It's safe. When has it ever been unsafe to play a game online after it's out? Seriously common sense is not so common these days.

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol why are people still asking if it's safe to play a game that's been out for like two weeks. YES It's safe. When has it ever been unsafe to play a game online after it's out? Seriously common sense is not so common these days.
Dont listen to him! Hes a Nintendos highly trained spy monkey! Beware of his bananas

Reactions: Raylight

LKeveak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have the free eshop version, anyone knows if it's safe go online and sync the game in the pokemon global link?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: tomorrow friday finally