Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by AquaX101, Nov 9, 2016.

1. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    Playing with my un-banned console and a 2nd donor console (friend seed method), both online at the same times. Ever since official release using freeshop version of Moon. No ban so far but i'll definitely let the thread know if/when that changes.

2. telon22

telon22 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2014
    India
    Not that it's concrete or anything but these are from his tweets..

16Nov- it relates to what the LocalFriendCodeSeed is and does
    nothing like importing an old system one, though that should work too. If you don’t mind bricking, try a valid dummy
    Leave certs.db/Britney alone
    The worst part is that you do lose your friend code

17Nov-there’s nothing special about the seed, the unique (or not) nature of it, or anuthing where it comes from, that’s special
    obviously sharing the files I send out would be very bad and would make me very sad and undermine what I’m testing for so please don’t

18Nov-GBAtemp is starting to realize that System Transfer is special. You’re almost there! Keep it up!

What I mean is he already had the idea before and safe to assume what seed he was/is talking about.

3. VorT3x

VorT3x Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    thanks!

4. MasterLel

MasterLel /x69/x73/x73/x6f/x75

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    Well, it doesn't prove anything, but we will see if he delivers... he has just posted another tweet by the way : https://twitter.com/enMTW/status/800043521109430272
    it seems like he's generating seeds from 2 unbanned consoles...

5. feer10

feer10 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2016
    Any news to unban the 022?

6. ertre

ertre GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2008
    Netherlands
    Somewhere
    So bottom-line is, no solution for online ban yet unless you have a 2 3DS' or System Transferred?
    aka no changes.

7. MasterLel

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    The eshop ban, yes, change your Device-ID and delete your NNID

8. Jhayym

Jhayym Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    its useless because those last lines are just for identification for the new 3ds 32 character folder in the sd card. aka settings and stuffs

9. feer10

feer10 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2016
    where i can find how to do it? thanks!

10. Henrikwindum

Henrikwindum Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2016
    As i'm understand anyone didn't get banned after release, and its completely safe to play now?

LunaBeauty likes this.
  11. Jhayym

Jhayym Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    Long shot but if you are able to edit movable and LFC while the system is booted. Clear movable and LFC values then do a system restore, it should force it to make a new one since movable isnt there to be found. (might get brick so make a backup) Unless it reads it from memory such as RAM or something else

Because movable only generates from these 2 things.

1. System transfer
    2. From LFC itself (When system restored, movable changes to what LFC value you have)

12. MasterLel

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    Well there's a luma3ds modified payload lying around but you'd better NOT use it because the way it changes your deviceID is not good

13. benthebrilliant

benthebrilliant Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2016
    So I should stop using it?

14. ThunderbInazuma

ThunderbInazuma GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    ThunderbInazuma is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Portugal
    Under Your Bed
    I was banned after the release (Today). However, I played online previously.

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  15. MasterLel

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    Yes, until the deviceID is properly randomized. It's really easy for Nintendo right now to tell whos using the payload and then ban their mac adress or stuff like that

16. YDragon2706

YDragon2706 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2016
    Senegal
    I just spoke with a customer support supervisor from Nintendo America... from what she said, "legit game cart would not be able to access online function before release without anything done to the console"... I would assume that she meant that the console is modified with CFW... Just some questions to throw out here... Are those legit cart user that were banned using CFW or Original Firmware? What if Nintendo purposely built in a trigger in latest firmware to allow people with CFW to access online function in Pokemon Sun and Moon (regardless if the person is using a legit cart or dump)?

She also said Nintendo Japan have decided to issue PERMANENT BAN due to all the illegal activities and the ban is for console and NNID... She also gave me a few redemption code for games that I have previously purchased on my old account but repeated that the old account is out of access to anyone in Nintendo America... Only Nintendo Japan have the power to un-ban these accounts. I am really sad now that my Pokemon in Pokebank would stuck there forever...

17. LunaBeauty

LunaBeauty Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    Canada
    tbh its one of those things where we dont know but it feels risky

18. Henrikwindum

Henrikwindum Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2016
    You have been played in leaked version before release?

19. ThunderbInazuma

ThunderbInazuma GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    ThunderbInazuma is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Portugal
    Under Your Bed
    yes, unfortunately, a friend of mine told me that it was already safe, so i believed him.

20. ZombeekDragmire

ZombeekDragmire Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    United States

Last edited by ZombeekDragmire, Jun 13, 2019
    gamered likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted