Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
App
Ok so I've restored my ability to play online BUT I'm still banned from the NN.

Here's what I did -

1) dumped certs from one 3DS and injected into the banned one
2) dumped LocalFriendCodeSeed_B from one 3DS and injected into the banned one
3) injected a blank nnidsave.bin into the banned 3DS
4) injected a modified secureinfo into the banned 3DS
Interesting. If I had a 2nd 3DS I'd try this, but I don't. Looks promising though.

And banned from the NN means the 022-2812 error right?

--

Also, saw people reporting they're also getting 005-8034 along with 022-2812 in the eshop, on top of the 002-0102 error.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Exactly, I can't use anything that requires an NNID because when I try to create a new one I'm still banned. I CAN however access online features of games (tested with MK7)
Huh. I don't care about NNID stuff but I would still like to play online with my long-distance-friends. I'll keep this in mind and hopefully other people can confirm this.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
App

Interesting. If I had a 2nd 3DS I'd try this, but I don't. Looks promising though.

And banned from the NN means the 022-2812 error right?

--

Also, saw people reporting they're also getting 005-8034 along with 022-2812 in the eshop, on top of the 002-0102 error.

Yup, I'm still getting the 022-2812 error but I'm no longer getting a 002-012

feer10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yesterday i enter into gts for see pokemons, no more, and today i dont get ban, i'm lucky?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm wondering..... people said that since the game version is 0, it tries to update or something? Maybe putting the console in sleep mode with the wifi turned on is what is getting people banned that didn't use the game's online features? You know.... since the 3DS looks for updates while in sleep mode? Thoughts?

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So I'm wondering..... people said that since the game version is 0, it tries to update or something? Maybe putting the console in sleep mode with the wifi turned on is what is getting people banned that didn't use the game's online features? You know.... since the 3DS looks for updates while in sleep mode? Thoughts?
Definitely possible. But we really have no way of testing that. But it is something to keep in mind.

3DSDude_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so: seeing that some people who played the game offline have been banned, I now want to check myself if I got banned or not. What is the safest way to do this? Like, access the e-shop, or trying to play MK7/SSB online?

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so: seeing that some people who played the game offline have been banned, I now want to check myself if I got banned or not. What is the safest way to do this? Like, access the e-shop, or trying to play MK7/SSB?
Yup, try going on official eshop (not freeshop) and online in really any game

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here's what I did -

I wish I had a second 3ds.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so: seeing that some people who played the game offline have been banned, I now want to check myself if I got banned or not. What is the safest way to do this? Like, access the e-shop, or trying to play MK7/SSB online?

trying to play an online game would be the simplest way I would think

Hiroiri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
stil they have no right to take games away from you that you paid with your own money on the eshop

They do, you broke the terms of service.
Exactly, I can't use anything that requires an NNID because when I try to create a new one I'm still banned. I CAN however access online features of games (tested with MK7)

Any way you could provide proof?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so: seeing that some people who played the game offline have been banned, I now want to check myself if I got banned or not. What is the safest way to do this? Like, access the e-shop, or trying to play MK7/SSB?
SAFEST way? backup your save then uninstall both moon, sun, and the respective tickets, THEN try going online with another game. I didn't do any of that like an idiot (yolo) and was able to get online in MK7 just fine.

Retaliator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I started playing, under cfw and offline until I turned wifi back on after a few days just like what the hell, my idea was to transfer demo's rewards which I quickly found out was done savewise and not online.
I tried mystery gift and left the console with wifi on every since tho I didn't use any other online feature of the game or even any other's on the console.
Out of safety I went ahead and deleted the game and saves after backing up.
I can log into the eshop without an issue.

chentago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS XL on 11.1 with sun leak. Haven't actually touched online features, but played with Wi-Fi on. Saw this thread and decided to test out smash online. No ban. Not going to try accessing eshop because I'm not an idiot and have no use for eshop.

If you didn't actually play an online function you should be fine. Will update if anything changes

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
try to access friends list

Here's what I did -

Praise if this works. I would do this with my Old3DS -> New3DS without second thought. If we can get more confirmation on this then super much yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free