Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just wondering but realistically would it be a temporary ban? (obviously it's possible) but realistically they know for certainty we've all got cfw and they almost certainly know we've got illegitimate cias (moon/sun/whatever got you banned) so wouldn't it almost certainly be permanent because they know we could just install cias and shit?
Usually a first-time offense is a temp ban, no matter the offense.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do refer to this though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
90e72df15b1fd215c93df81195102019.jpg
This has already been posted at least 5 times :/
Doesn't confirm or deny anything.

Reactions: Decorations

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering but realistically would it be a temporary ban? (obviously it's possible) but realistically they know for certainty we've all got cfw and they almost certainly know we've got illegitimate cias (moon/sun/whatever got you banned) so wouldn't it almost certainly be permanent because they know we could just install cias and shit?
They only found out cause someone modified it too where you get caught they couldn't have traced the cias that was confirmed

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku
D

Deleted User

What would be the best way to uninstall the cia and ticket? I've already back up my save

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The idea they'd unban cfw users who can easily pirate seems crazy but I'm not complaining if they do. I get the feeling all of our consoles are now on their monitors if that does happen.
So be it then.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but by that logic why did people who get banned by using Sky/Gateway get one slap on the wrist then? Shouldn't they have insta-perm'd them too?

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They only found out cause someone modified it too where you get caught they couldn't have traced the cias that was confirmed
It was my understanding that they found out not only due to the version differences between the leaked and early copies but also the fact .cia installs like a digital game but it's literally impossible to obtain a legal digital copy right now. yet thousands or hundreds were playing digital copies.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
It was my understanding that they found out not only due to the version differences between the leaked and early copies but also the fact .cia installs like a digital game but it's literally impossible to obtain a legal digital copy right now. yet thousands or hundreds were playing digital copies.

My point being if you deleted the cart leak and install the predownload from eShop then wait till the official release day, would you be considered safe?

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Temp bans in the past have been for piracy all the same, like the business with Sky3DS or Gateway users playing ROMs with public headers and very easily getting caught.
Of course we don't know what they did this time, but even for piracy Nintendo has never before permabanned for a first offense.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So be it then.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but by that logic why did people who get banned by using Sky/Gateway get one slap on the wrist then? Shouldn't they have insta-perm'd them too?
Good point I forgot about that. nintendo doesn't seem to good at security but that's good for us hopefully. The main thing that concerns me with that is that pokemon's their champion basically, so it feels like a much higher priority case for them. Like their top game just flooded with cfw users and such.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No, those don't authenticate with the servers.
You just can't use Miiverse/eShop/PokeBank until we figure out how to bypass 022 if necessary
We can bypass 002 but I'm just waiting to see if it goes away in 2 weeks.

I have 002, but I'll wait as well. Other than ACWW I generally don't go online.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point being if you deleted the cart leak and install the predownload from eShop then wait till the official release day, would you be considered safe?

I'd say rather than preload wait for freeshop to have it since then you're basically getting the normal digital download guaranteed to be "legit" but yeah probably best to remove the cia version after backing up saves.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what I'd I bought a console from Gameshop that was 022 banned? they don't check NNID or eShop for errors before buying or selling. So wouldn't Nintendo still have to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken get this lol