Has anyone got *any* info on this GBA Accessory?

• Thread starter pasc
  • Start date
  • Views 8,333
  • Replies 16
P

pasc

OP
I found it on Ebay but did not buy it, because the reseller did not describe it enough :cry: .

I'm talking about this one:

The "Dream Gear" Wireless Adapter.

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.de/itm/131072136123?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I never heard of it and this is the first time I encountered one.

I can only imagine that it *might* be simliar to the Majesco Wireless link (which is awesome for playing Duke Nukem Advance btw ;) )

Anyone having any of these and knows something ?

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I actually have one of those.. Should have it at home somewhere.

Don't really know what it did, but I do remember (still) having it.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found it on Ebay but did not buy it, because the reseller did not describe it enough :cry: .

I'm talking about this one:

The "Dream Gear" Wireless Adapter.

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.de/itm/131072136123?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I never heard of it and this is the first time I encountered one.

I can only imagine that it *might* be simliar to the Majesco Wireless link (which is awesome for playing Duke Nukem Advance btw ;) )

Anyone having any of these and knows something ?
Well the round one looks like the adapters that came with Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green for wireless connectivity (coz the wire was getting outdated)

But i have no idea what the box above it is

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the clear one is a radio and the black one i dont know as it looks like it conencts to the power/headphone port guessing ehre on the black one for headphones and probly has a 3.5mm jack on it

P

pasc

OP
I actually have one of those.. Should have it at home somewhere.

Don't really know what it did, but I do remember (still) having it.
Oh !

Could you please check if it still works incase you find it ?

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh !

Could you please check if it still works incase you find it ?
Found them!

The black one seems to have a link port for both in and out, one on each side. It also has a audio in port. The clear one one is indeed a radio. It has two buttons on the front; one for scan, and one to reset. It also has a power switch on the top, also with a audio in.

Of course I can't find my GBA SP adapter nor any AA batteries to test it right now, so I'll see if I can find anything tomorrow.
20140203_215459.jpg
20140203_215504.jpg
20140203_215334.jpg
20140203_220502.jpg

D

Deleted-236924

OP
That's not link ports on the black one, that's charger ports (which double as a headphones jack when you have adapters like that.)
I have a similar contraption that does the same thing:

ouAcGfL.png

The only ones I could find using Google Images were only a charger port to headphone jack adapter while this one has another charger port for charging while using headphones.
Apparently those are pretty rare to find nowadays, glad I've got one (had two, but gave one to a friend since I had no use for two of them.) They're super high quality as well, but I can't for the life of me remember from where I managed to get two. Pretty sure one must have come from the accessory set I got at the same time as my GBA SP, no idea for the other one though.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I already have an FM radio for my GBA SP. And it works for shit... No antenna makes positioning yourself the key to good radio reception, and that's just crap.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever came up with the almost-but-not-quite Nintendo port variations needs a good talking to. The person that ordered them to on the other hand can go to the 9th circle. :evil:

P

pasc

OP
Alright so its a radio with an adapter for the GBASP (headphone alternative).

Too bad, I had really hoped for this to be some kind of wireless link that I haven't heard of.

I only know of the Nintendo official wireless linker and the Majesco one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans