Has anyone found out the Formula for Gen VI/VII TID Conversion?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Refisio, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Refisio
    OP

Refisio Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    I remembered this morning that Pokemon XYΩRαS has a tool that checks TSV through TID/SID. Today, I pulled it up and tried inputting my Gen VII TID and my Gen VI SID (I purposely edited my save file on Pokemon Sun to match my ΩR IDs), but it returned an error.

upload_2016-11-22_10-46-59.png

So, I started to look through some of PKHeX's files to see if I could spot something that would lead me to a formula for Gen VI to VII TID/SID Conversion, but I either didn't look hard enough, can't read code, or am just blind, because I couldn't find it. Has anyone else been able to figure this out?

2. drgoku282

drgoku282 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2014
    Mexico
    TID/SID ESV/TSV mechanics are unchanged from Gen VI, the value that you see in-game (called G7ID in pkhex) is derived from the actual values.

G7ID = (TID OR (SID << 16)) mod 1000000
    TSV = (TID XOR SID) >> 4

Remember that TID and SID are 32-bit values before calculations. AFIK you can't get your TSV with the G7ID alone, you still need your hidden TID and SID to get it.

Last edited by drgoku282, Nov 22, 2016
  3. Refisio
    OP

Refisio Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Thanks a lot for the information, as well as the formula I was looking for.

Was looking for that information for a project that I would like to work on, rather than just looking up my TSV, but it looks like I'm gonna need a few more math lessons before I dive into that.