has anyone flashed the firmware of there xbox 360 dvd drive?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by air2004, Feb 2, 2009.

1. air2004
    OP

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    if you have flashed it , did you do the live update after that , what I want to know is does the update kill the 360....I wanna play some of my old xbox games

2. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Live updates are fine , they won't do anything to the firmware.

3. WildWon

WildWon EXTERMINATE!

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    8-Bit Heaven
    I haven't done it myself (yet), but i try and keep up on the scene. And from what i've been reading, there's no full reason for why ban-sessions occur on such a large scale every now and again. Of course, playing a pre-release (read: leaked) copy of a game that you've downloaded, you will be banned when that game goes live (if not sooner).

But for my end, i don't know if a flashed dvd can or cannot be detected by 360 updates.

I can't give you a final answer, but do some heavy research before flashing your 360. If you REALLY like Live play (downloads and everything), which I do, then i'd hold off for a while about flashing until something 100% undetectable is figured out.

(hell, and i hack every system i can get my hands on... i just loves my Live a bit too much [​IMG])

4. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    live works fine with ixtreme 1.5, even ixtreme 1.4 is still undetectable by microsoft [​IMG]

5. xxRAG3

xxRAG3 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 6, 2009
    United States
    flashing really should not effect anything about the xbox and how it works. All it allows is backups and nothing else, and thats why its so popular.

PS: I haven't played in a while, so IDK.

6. WildWon

WildWon EXTERMINATE!

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    8-Bit Heaven
    Hmmm... interesting. I might look into iXtreme 1.5 in a short time here. That would be a new, fun hack with which i could mess around.

7. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    WOAH, stop. DO NOT intent to put old backups of xbox. They are single layered. To play backups of xbox games, you need to rip them as a 360 game, then burn it to a dual layered disc. If you need to find them online, they are called xbox360E games. e stands for emulated. Personally, I haven't tried a xbox backup on my 360, but I know tons of people who say they think they got banned because of it.