has anyone flashed the firmware of there xbox 360 dvd drive?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by air2004, Feb 2, 2009.

1. air2004
    OP

Member air2004 Air

United States
    if you have flashed it , did you do the live update after that , what I want to know is does the update kill the 360....I wanna play some of my old xbox games

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Live updates are fine , they won't do anything to the firmware.

3. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I haven't done it myself (yet), but i try and keep up on the scene. And from what i've been reading, there's no full reason for why ban-sessions occur on such a large scale every now and again. Of course, playing a pre-release (read: leaked) copy of a game that you've downloaded, you will be banned when that game goes live (if not sooner).

But for my end, i don't know if a flashed dvd can or cannot be detected by 360 updates.

I can't give you a final answer, but do some heavy research before flashing your 360. If you REALLY like Live play (downloads and everything), which I do, then i'd hold off for a while about flashing until something 100% undetectable is figured out.

(hell, and i hack every system i can get my hands on... i just loves my Live a bit too much [​IMG])

4. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    live works fine with ixtreme 1.5, even ixtreme 1.4 is still undetectable by microsoft [​IMG]

5. xxRAG3

Member xxRAG3 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    flashing really should not effect anything about the xbox and how it works. All it allows is backups and nothing else, and thats why its so popular.

PS: I haven't played in a while, so IDK.

6. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Hmmm... interesting. I might look into iXtreme 1.5 in a short time here. That would be a new, fun hack with which i could mess around.

7. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    WOAH, stop. DO NOT intent to put old backups of xbox. They are single layered. To play backups of xbox games, you need to rip them as a 360 game, then burn it to a dual layered disc. If you need to find them online, they are called xbox360E games. e stands for emulated. Personally, I haven't tried a xbox backup on my 360, but I know tons of people who say they think they got banned because of it.