Hacking has anyone ever tried to get a flashcart on ebay

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I am the one that posted about the visa e-card. about 6/7 months ago, I noticed there are diff vendors on ebay here and there that buy flashcarts in bulk and sell them on ebay. I figured if I found a vendor w/ a lot of stars, and good reviews do you think that would be something to try? I don't think I have any other option to get a flashcart other than this lol

I know there are risks using ebay btw

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ebay has long frowned upon flash carts, even before they directed paypal to not deal with flash cart sellers. Most vendors you see will then use very abstract terms to describe flash carts, I am not sure what they are using this week but it sounds like you found them.

Most of the flash carts I see on ebay are the cheap and nasty R4 named cards rather than anything particularly good/noted. However if it is cheap, you only want it for the DS/DS lite (or are willing to fiddle to get it all working on a 3ds/DSi) and runs some kind of wood then it is not like any more DS games are being dumped and most of the last games released were not terribly good anyway. Similarly if you have to claim a warranty then ebay are not going to help and you are hoping the vendor will do it. Stars are pretty meaningless (between sock puppet accounts, general discounts given to people that leave good ratings and people not understanding ratings), however I doubt they will take the money and run.

Ebay is the lowest of low, but it does not mean it will not work.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey btw,, you wont believe this,, but I have found flashcarts on amazon and newegg,,, what about them?? I found the mini supercard gba flashcart, and a few nds flashcarts on both sites

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Amazon used to be a nice little holdout but they started cracking down almost worse than ebay, they never had the most selection and the prices were not as good as others but you could get things there if you were paranoid about the other sites. I have not looked at newegg (I tend not to unless I am rating someone's PC build). The supercard GBA is not a good card at all, without model numbers (and if it is a R4 named card then the site on the sticker) I can not do much for the DS ones, though most would consider it a two way fight between the supercard dstwo if you want to spend and want fancy features or the R4i gold if you want a simple flash cart that plays games, has cheats and does that well enough.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since I have no other choices than the above sites lol I don't have many choices. I don't care about fancy features just to hack/play the games. Sure rts would be nice as well as cheats though. I did find these btw: super card gba mini, dual core silver, the gold one (probly a clone though), and the ace3ds.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have purchased the 2012 and 2015 version of this card from ebay
R4i_r2_c4new.jpg

the 2012 version was a clone running wood firmware

the 2015 version was the real deal running the r4 firmware (whats this firmware called again? been so long...)

Last edited by Adeka,

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I blatantly sold my Gateway on ebay for 80 bucks. Some dude snatched it up, deposited my money, and it was shipped before Ebay had a chance to take it down. :D

Last edited by Drak0rex,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The GBA supercard is a really bad GBA device. I had a quick look and there might be things, however I have no idea what the end run search terms are today. http://www.amazon.com/EZFlash-version-support-Game-Boy-Advance/dp/B019H1YN32/ is more than it costs on real flash cart sites but if you have to deal with ebay and similarly poor sites then it is what it is.

On wood it is a good firmware.

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I blatantly sold my Gateway on ebay for 80 bucks. Some dude snatched it up, deposited my money, and it was shipped before Ebay had a chance to take it down.

I once listed a PSP2000 and stupidly used the keywords "custom firmware" and even more stupidly said no ROMs were included. My auction was (automatically?) cancelled for some nebulous reason. Many less prolix people sell PSPs with lots of nice pictures of SNES games running and their auctions don't get cancelled. Did you call it a "backup system"?

What is the world coming to? I can't even name a grass Pokemon "weed."

Last edited by romanaOne,
Reactions: Deleted User

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's been a surprising amount of modchips/flashcards/amiiqo-type devices on eBay recently, even Sky3DSes "preloaded" with ROMs. Not sure if they're more relaxed towards enforcing against them or they just can't keep up.

Maybe people are just learning not to use dodgy-sounding keywords because "they" are stupid software, like how the last few generation Pokemon games disallow any non-family-values-friendly-in-any-conceivable-context(TM) text input. I'm sick of this shit! I wanna give my Animal Crossing blatherskites some salty catch phrases, not bland PC humna humna.

Considering how craptacularly confusing things are getting with 3ds flashcarts, homebrew, and CFW, there may not be much reason to ban this stuff. I mean you have to read LOTS, there are no guarantees, and there is a significant risk of bricking because a 42-step procedure to downgrade involves this-and-that-hax version X which only works on system version Y and....you get the idea.

I mean, imagine how all this must look to someone who just got their n/o3DS. They have 15 browser tabs open, just watched an hour worth of youtube videos on installing/downgrading a system not quite the same as theirs... and it's enough to make a lot of people say "Fuck it, I'll just buy some carts at gamestop."

Reactions: Deleted User

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did find this on newegg btw http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA30R3MZ9344 I contacted the dealer, and the price is 20.95. when my visa e-card comes in, I think that's what im going to get.

so I just noticed, that there are 3 of the same items all by diff sellers btw. 2 of them say "first from asia" lol so I guess I cant order them w/ my visa e-card.

to find these on newegg, type in "micro sd nds"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok, so I looked up also the one that doesn't say first from asia,, lol the parent company is from china, but it doesn't say anything about that on newegg. ill try to see if I can order it when my card comes in, but if not, ill alert you all when I get my card and if anyone has a link on amazon/ebay/newegg that they would suggest that'd be cool

Last edited by mike a,

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so I found these 2 links on ebay, they seem legit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221998812335?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
this one I am almost 100% sure is legit, but it looks like an older model. hey I have a ds lite so I know it'll work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262245784059?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
then there is this one, I know this card is alright, both these sellers are from usa and I can use my giftcard. even though the 2nd one is newer, and cheaper I am kinda leaning towards the top one,, it seems more legit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended