Hacking Has anyone ever thought about making something like the WBFS Converter for Wii U?

BlueYoshi2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*****SORRY IF YOU CAN DO THIS ALREADY I DIDN'T DO ANY RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING THIS*****

So you know how you can download games from the EShop and put them on an USB Drive? How come no one has found how that file is formatted and made a converter for it yet? If we could do this we Probably wouldn't need homebrew. We could just download the ISO and use the converter and play the game. I know for someone to do this it would probably take a long time but it would still be cool.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that easy, sadly. Homebrew as is doesn't have access to USB, for one, and Wii U based content stored on USB is encrypted anyways.

wiiman.au

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
unfortunately until someone actually hacks the wii u and gives support for usb it wont happen, in a perfect world we would be running games via a usb hard drive rather than working with a crappy exploit and sd cards...

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DIDN'T DO ANY RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING THIS

I'm typically not one to say things like this, but.. really? Google too hard? At least you're up front, I suppose.

Anyways, CeeDee and wiiman.au are correct. Without USB HDD support, pretty much a no go. Not a whole lot of reason for it anyways. WBFS (the file system, not the format) did save space by leaving games in their native compressed format, but didn't offer any other substantial improvements. In fact in some cases it causes issues, and it is just a pain in the ass to work with. The file system, in my personal opinion, became outdated the moment .wbfs files got FAT32 support in USB Loaders. Now we can have compressed ISO's and a much more stable and easy to work with file system. I would think it will probably be the same for Wii U when we get to that point.

Last edited by CJB100,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you mean you only wanted a similar app that converts ISOs to wbfs or in the case of Wii U: a ISO WUD WUX or whatever to Loadiine ready to play format then yeah that's a great idea, but for now, it's pointless until Wii U is fully hacked..we never know those Loadiine format we use right now might change to a different format in the future when USB HDD support comes..so for now, let's just enjoy what we have..enjoy life, play games. LOL..

edit: screw it, i completely forgot about Uwizard.. stupid, stupid, stupid..

Last edited by owek1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.