1. Dominator211

OP Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

United States
    I did some digging around and found that there are some larger batteries available for the iPod classic. I have a 7th Generation iPod classic that has a dead motherboard, I am planning on repairing it myself but as these are a pain to open I want to open the device once and be done with it. Meaning I want to mod it with an IFlash Quad. I saw on iFlash's website a diagram of which batteries fit with each model and case size. I am seeing some things on eBay and Amazon for a 3000Mah battery but I am not sure of the fit of the quality of the battery. I have had a few too many scares with electricity almost starting fires in the past 6 months. Has anyone done these mods with a 7th generation SLIM iPod classic and a flatter 300MAh battery?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    The mAh ratings on replacement batteries are almost always inflated (often by 100-200mAh but sometimes by way more especially if buying from China), you also never know about the quality unless it's from a trusted brand, it probably won't catch fire or explode but sometimes that can happen even with batteries from trusted brands (see: Note 7 fiasco) and these Chinese factories have way worse quality control than a trusted brand so there is always that risk. I personally wouldn't risk it but then I have a bit of a phobia against batteries catching fire or exploding.
    Looks like the original battery is only 580 mAh so how you can fit a 3000 mAh battery in there I am not sure. Unless there is just a lot of empty space? I suppose the SD adapter is slimmer than the 1.8" HDD that is originally in them but still, a 3000 mAh battery is fairly chunky.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Dominator211

OP Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

United States
    The battery takes up the entire back not just the little section wow here the battery is

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installed, battery, classic