Gaming Has anyone ever bought PC Games from Amazon?

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If so, can you tell me what they're like? Do they come with a launcher? Are they actually Steam keys or something?

Amazon has a game I want cheaper than Steam. In the reviews though some guy said you need steam to play the game though.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
It really does depend on the game.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I buy games from them all the time and if you install from them then each game is downloaded using a special Amazon downloader. In some cases the games will activate on Steam and can be downloaded through its client.

by the way what game are you interested in buying from Amazon.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
It does depend on the game, i'll give you 2 examples of my purchases on Amazon.

Skyrim - needs to played through Steam.

Kingdoms of Amalur - needs to be played through Origin.

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I buy games from them all the time and if you install from them then each game is downloaded using a special Amazon downloader. In some cases the games will activate on Steam and can be downloaded through its client.

Sonic 4 Episode 2.
http://www.amazon.co...37285404&sr=1-1

(How do I hyperlink?)

D

Deleted_171835

Sonic 4 Episode 2.
http://www.amazon.co...37285404&sr=1-1

(How do I hyperlink?)
Description:
Steam account required for game activation and installation

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
definatley need steam as soulx has pointed out, as steam is sega's prefered method of distributing pc games now a days, although i find it hard to believe the game is 6 gigs like amazon is advertising

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Not all Steam games need Steam constantly running in the background, but instead just use Steam to launch.

I buy games from Amazon all the time. Most of it comes in retail boxes, and I've never tried any digital downloads from them (that's what Steam is for). If the retail game requires an extra service to run (like Mass Effect 3 and Origin), it will tell you in the description.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
definatley need steam as soulx has pointed out, as steam is sega's prefered method of distributing pc games now a days, although i find it hard to believe the game is 6 gigs like amazon is advertising

I have a feeling this is around 6gigs since both Amazon and Steam report that size for download.

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have a feeling this is around 6gigs since both Amazon and Steam report that size for download.

looking at it on steam and scene release somehow it seems to knock into the 6 gig boundry which seems mental, the beta that leaked was only 200 or so meg

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

looking at it on steam and scene release somehow it seems to knock into the 6 gig boundry which seems mental, the beta that leaked was only 200 or so meg
The beta didn't have fullscreen, right? If it didn't maybe the graphics sucked and they put in the HD ones for release.

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The beta didn't have fullscreen, right? If it didn't maybe the graphics sucked and they put in the HD ones for release.

the beta has fullscreen, maybe the art was tarted up for the final release but for a game like sonic 4 6 gig to me seems like overkill, then again i imagine the final version comes with mission metal too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.