Gaming Has anyone else noticed something very strange about Zelda spirit trac

noammax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first glance, this seems to be a direct sequel to phantom hourglass (and I guess wind waker).
But hold up! Trains? Trains! Why would they have trains??? Maybe because....... THERE IS NO WATER!!!

So it must be a prequel.... What do you guys think?

D

Deleted User

There was more watered surface on earth before. Global warming might have fooled you on this.

C0mput3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just because its a sequel or prequel doesn't mean they have to stick with the same ld style of using a boat. It's a good thing that they are thinking of new forms of transportation than just boats. Either way I'm still going to be excited about getting this because I just love LINK.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
AerosolSP said:
What's next? The Legend of Zelda: The Golden Wing?
No
The Legend of Zelda: Super Link Galaxy
tongue.gif

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noammax said:
At first glance, this seems to be a direct sequel to phantom hourglass (and I guess wind waker).
But hold up! Trains? Trains! Why would they have trains??? Maybe because....... THERE IS NO WATER!!!

So it must be a prequel.... What do you guys think?

Why would it have to be a prequel? If you beat Wind Waker, then you (should) already know that Phantom Hourglass merely takes place on the "high seas"; not in a completely flooded over world like Wind Waker did.

Whether Spirit Tracks occurs before or after Phantom Hourglass, there's PLENTY of land on which to drive trains around. You just don't happen to see it in Phantom Hourglass, since that's not where Phantom Hourglass takes place.
lecture.gif

-

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
It doesn't come up in Phantom Hourglass for some reason, but do you even know why Link was sailing with Tetra (Princess Zelda)?

Actually, it does come up. The entire beginning sequence of the game is a summary of Wind Waker that ends with "They" (Link and Zelda/Tetra) "set off together in search of new lands."

--

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why must people find fault with the boats/trains? The end of the games explains it. The end of Wind Waker proves it was some other crap, and Phantom Hourglass is just a dream.

noammax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets get the facts straight. Phantom Hourglass a direct sequel to wind waker. Thats one of the only things that we know for sure about the zelda timeline. Forget the fact that at the end of wind waker there is a massive flood as it has nothing to do with this. In both wind waker and phantom hourglass you are traveling on ships. In spirit tracks you are on a train.
You could argue its just on one landmass but that would mean the whole game was in that one place. That would be kinda boring.
Could this be an alternate Hyrule? A hyrule that is just one huge piece? A hyrule with no water?
Even when the game comes out, we may not no all the answers.

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I think they should just make a more accessible Zelda game for the Wii.

As a Zelda noob, I preferred phantom hourglass to twilight princess as it was less dark, I could see what I was doing, and I could actually complete the game without using gameFAQs.

If anything they should implement a noob mode or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4