Hacking has anyone downgraded from 3.3v2 to 3.2?

jassim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NOTE: do not post if you want to say the following

1) learn to be patient
2) take ur DVD out when loading the homebrew channel
3) delete the homebrew channel
4) z0mg m4n 1t5 n0t 4 b1g d34l

im looking for a solution whereby i have a dvd inside my wii, i load the homebrew channel and my wii doesnt try reading the dvd right after i click start on the homebrew channel.

ok this problem came to me sometime between when i first upgraded to 3.3v2 to when i downgraded to 3.2. its really annoying, heresthe problem i have

problem: turn on wii, dvd drive is spinning (so far so normal) i click on homebrew channel, i click start, right after that, screen goes black and disc stops reading immediately (still normal), the screen stays black and the dvd drive tries reading dvd again, stops trying to read dvd wait 10 seconds then homebrew channel finally comes up.

this migth seem like nothing but imagine u had to do this each and every single time you wanted to play a game and while its spinnin ur thinkin "OH FOR **** SAKE WATS THE ****IN POINT OF SPINNIN AGAIN FFS!!!"

also ive noticed its not jsut the homebrew channel, its with the ocarina wad as well and the wiishop channel except for the wii shop channel, its stops reading the disk wen i press start within 2 seconds it starts reading again and after about 5 seconds the channel appears and the disk continues spinning

anyone got any solutions

thx in advance

jassim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ermm the reason i wanna sort this out is because i wanna use the homebrew channel without waiting ages each time i wanna load it up, i dont think removing the whole thing will help...

oh and if that was a joke: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no...

jassim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well more than 90% of the time i go on the homebrew channel i go on it for gecko os so yh if i do that it drives me nuts even more coz it means i have to get up eject, take a step bak so wiimotes easier to control, load HBC, then finally put it bak in

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes well if you want to get rid of that delay these are your only options. So either stop being lazy, deal with the wait, or install a wad that directly goes to the geckOS. After all that is too much, uninstall everything and follow one of the guides to the letter. these are you options. pick one.

jassim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
yes well if you want to get rid of that delay thats your only option. So either stop being lazy, deal with the wait, or oh i don't know install a wad that directly goes to the geckOS. these are you options. pick one.

ive got the ocarina wad, got the same problem, i doubt getting the gecko os wad will solve it, besides ive tried installing the gecko os wad twice (2 different wads) one says this channel cant be used right after i load it, other one freezes at the gecko os menu.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not useless. those really are your only options unless you feel like re-writting the homebrew channel.
Especially since you don't want to be told to uninstall and re-install anything seeing as that is were yuour problem originated and can be fixed.
And after that response im fairly certain no one else is going to offer you any advise or help
Like i said above Uninstall EVERYTHING and start over from scratch and follow the steps on of the guide for your system menu version to the letter.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Hac..._How_to_Softmod

jassim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
not useless. those really are your only options unless you feel like re-writting the homebrew channel.
And after that response im fairly certain no one else is going to offer you any advise or help.
yh that was kinda rude sry.

but ive noticed its not a problem jsut with the homebrew channel, its with ALL channels including except if the channel doesnt work (like the 2 gecko os wads i had) the only different one is the wii shop channel, when it reads the dvd the second time, it just shows the channel rather than stopping the reading then showing the channel, its either to do with the 3.3v2 update or the cIOS/IOSes i installed when downgrading to 3.2E ( i think, i may be talking bullocks here)

jassim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i remember u had to install a cIOS to be able to downgrade from 3.3v2 to 3.2, if i use the cIOS remover will it do any damage to my wii?€

jassim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive done all those steps already i jsut checked, its jsut that theres this really strange problem which no one seems to have apart from me and my friend, and he was on 3.3v2 when he started homebrew, he downgraded to 3.3v1. and he used that guide as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.