Homebrew has anyone contacted emulator authors and asked for source

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One that I know for a fact you'll have no luck with is jEnesisDS - the creator stopped developing the emulator and was hired by SEGA for their Sonic collection for NDS.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
One that I know for a fact you'll have no luck with is jEnesisDS - the creator stopped developing the emulator and was hired by SEGA for their Sonic collection for NDS.
Yeah, they even credited him (his real name) in the credits.

Altharic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To elaborate loads of emulators were created a number of years ago with no updates since just wondered if anyone has contacted the author and asked if there have been any updates since release.

My thinking being they might not have publically release an update because they think on one cares.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can not rule it out from happening but that would be extremely unlikely from all the various emulator coding discussions I have seen.
At best you might get something extra or a feature they could never quite get working reliably (the DS kind of had the same limitations as the GBA in what it could emulate -- 8 bit and older just fine, 16 bit stuff pretty well at times but with serious limitations, however the DS was quite a bit more powerful and that extra power meant easier cheats, savestates, filters and such). Nobody is likely to have continued developing it in secret for their own personal use. You see that sort of thing occasionally on the PC but not for handhelds.

Most emulators were open source, or open source alternatives were since developed. If not then you might find that the authors feel enough time has passed.

If you wanted to try to collect all the emulators, snapshots of source code and get them all uploaded somewhere where you can easily link to things (I tried a bit with stuff on filetrip but not much and was more interested in source to non emulator homebrew when I did).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol