Has anyone called Nintendo to see if they could remove the 7 day sys transfer wait?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Polarise, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Polarise
    OP

Polarise GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2016
    United States
    Hello, has anyone called Nintendo to see if they could remove the 7 day wait limit for the system transfer? I am curious because I would like to call Nintendo to see if they could do so.

Even if they say no, what excuse should I use?

2. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I'm sure there are legal reasons why there is a cooldown period which involves theft that I cant imagine right now.

Be grateful they removed the amount of times you could transfer. Once upon a time a user was only allowed to transfer 5 times.

3. Polarise
    OP

Polarise GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2016
    United States
    Also, lets say you do a system transfer at 5:00pm, do you have to wait until 5:00pm next week to do the system transfer or is it just in the morning or midnight the week later?

4. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    When they say a week, they mean exactly 7 days (yes, if it starts at 5:00, you can only system transfer a week after and after 5:00)

5. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    You can't, I tried that months ago. I did a system transfer from my 2DS to a n3DS a while back (even before A9LH was a thing).
    It failed. It completed a system transfer, but none of my data was actually transfered. So, I tried calling Nintendo to see if they can remove the 7 day restriction. At best they could do a license transfer (transfer your NNID to another 3DS, but not the data) immediately; however, they were unable to do a system transfer. They said something about it being a permanent thing and something out of their control, and I was talking to a higher up in customer support.

6. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Dont recall. Havent done a transfer in years and it was only once.