Has anyone been bricked by an Echoes of Wisdom dump?

the_otsutsuki

Technical Advice Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine crashes on close, not a big pain but still a pain either way. other than that close crash the game works perfectly fine for me, just cleared the first dungeon smoothly

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably safe, but the leaked XCI has broken signatures an invalid checksums, so it has been tampered with in some way. I'm not taking the risk. It works fine on emulators, though.
I've been out to sea the past week so just grabbed it today. As malready stated, cartridge dumps will have invalid sigs when the unique certs are removed/blanked. Also, haven't most recent 1st party titles been released with a day 1 update that's REQUIRED to play it? I kind of thought this was done on purpose, and that the reason was that sigs were intentionally left out.

Getting rid of unique numbers makes a whole lot more sense though. Anyway, I played most of what I think was the intro, then shut it down, and didn't see a crash.

Oh, and where I get things from it's an nsz. Separate dump and update.

the_otsutsuki

Technical Advice Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out to sea the past week so just grabbed it today. As malready stated, cartridge dumps will have invalid sigs when the unique certs are removed/blanked. Also, haven't most recent 1st party titles been released with a day 1 update that's REQUIRED to play it? I kind of thought this was done on purpose, and that the reason was that sigs were intentionally left out.

Getting rid of unique numbers makes a whole lot more sense though. Anyway, I played most of what I think was the intro, then shut it down, and didn't see a crash.

Oh, and where I get things from it's an nsz. Separate dump and update.
what region is your file of the game ?

the_otsutsuki

Technical Advice Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I know? Switch games aren't region-locked. I play in English, so it doesn't matter to me in the slightest. TID: 01008CF01BAAC000
just curious because a few people as well as myself are getting the crash close so im not sure if its due to a certain region of the game or not. im also fully aware switch games arent region locked.

but it does look like we have the same tid of the game itself

a3dprinter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is curious, been playing the intro and things work on modded switch. My modded switch has the latest update on everything and am currently using the 1.0.1 update for the game as well. The FPS in Hyrule does have some small fps dips and some other areas. I am not sure what the dips go to I just can feel it and see it. I do not have anything to tell me FPS at the moment. And no, I do not have the close crash issue people are saying. I'd suggest updating everything. In my personal opinion, there's no reason to not be on Switch Firmware 18.1.0 and everything else up to date unless you're holding on to some old homebrew that hasn't been updated for later versions. Also the file did not brick my console.

This file I am using is the XCI file and this file also is the one with invalid Signatures NCA and also Invalid Hashes that I would say most people are using.

MightySashiman

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Nintendo really did fuck nothing to fix performance of their engine andake that front blur more realistic (by actually testing against distance to screen). Why am I not surprised.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Probably safe, but the leaked XCI has broken signatures an invalid checksums, so it has been tampered with in some way. I'm not taking the risk. It works fine on emulators, though.
As far I could do test the internal NCA of the NSP and XCI files are bit to bit the same, the invalid signatures XCI is missing some certificate files. they are my preliminary findings.

Reactions: BigOnYa

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As malready stated, cartridge dumps will have invalid sigs when the unique certs are removed/blanked.
that's literally not a thing lol, cartridge certificate has nothing to do with nca signatures. classic gbatemp not knowing a thing about what they're talking about I guess. which is weird considering it takes 5 seconds to verify this kind of thing before speaking

1727025375666.png

1727025384150.png

As far I could do test the internal NCA of the NSP and XCI files are bit to bit the same, the invalid signatures XCI is missing some certificate files. they are my preliminary findings.
my best guess is that the original xci was converted to nsp, then back to xci before being shared. it might be possible to restore it, if the only thing that's changed is changing the distribution type to digital in the nca, but realistically we dont know what they did to the files

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my best guess is that the original xci was converted to nsp, then back to xci before being shared. it might be possible to restore it, if the only thing that's changed is changing the distribution type to digital in the nca, but realistically we dont know what they did to the files
it looks like the distributon type is gamecard for all 4 nca in the xci, so that wouldnt be the reason why content is invalid. cmnt was modified to account for program being modified, which in turns makes it also invalid (and makes control and manual appear as invalid despite being proper from nintendo, because the hashes are checked against cnmt)

I'm not sure if it's fixable without having the original data to compare against

Reactions: impeeza

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
mine crashes on close, not a big pain but still a pain either way. other than that close crash the game works perfectly fine for me, just cleared the first dungeon smoothly
Got exactly the same thing. Idk if it's because of some firmware requirement .... ? That's just a thought I had, but besides that, works as expected

Can confirm that disabling SaltyNX fixes the issue (just disabling with the .nro, not disabling the sysmodule)

Reactions: BigOnYa

the_otsutsuki

Technical Advice Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got exactly the same thing. Idk if it's because of some firmware requirement .... ? That's just a thought I had, but besides that, works as expected

Can confirm that disabling SaltyNX fixes the issue (just disabling with the .nro, not disabling the sysmodule)
someone found this not too long ago to add to the exceptions in saltynx exceptions.txt

;The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom
;1.0.1 crashes when closing
X01008CF01BAAC000

added it and is working with the close crash

EDIT

it was you lol you found this out lol

Last edited by the_otsutsuki,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.