Homebrew Has Anyone Been Able To Play Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final Using Homebrew?

warmachine2020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello;

I currently have a 2DS running 9.2.0-20U. I have installed menuhax and accessed the homebrew launcher, however, neither hans or region free launcher have been able to play SMT IV:Final. So I'm wondering if it's even possible at all to play it? I don't want to think that I wasted $56 on a game that I can't even play, but it's starting to look like I have. I would appreciate any input anyone may have. Thanks for your time.

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have the CIA file installed and it's running great on my n3DS fw 10.7 with A9LH+Cakes. A possible reason why it might not be working is the game could require a higher firmware than you currently have on your 3DS. Do you have a custom firmware or just menuhax? If you have a custom firmware there are two things that you can try. If you don't have one installed, do it. Plailect's guide on github is the way to go and it's really simple to follow.

- Try dumping the cart, do FW/Region spoof, and install it as a CIA.

- If you have arm9loaderhax the easiest route would be installing the "patched homemenu" by ihaveamac. That way you could run the game right off the 3DS homemenu.

D

Deleted User

Yes, I have the CIA file installed and it's running great on my n3DS fw 10.7 with A9LH+Cakes. One reason why it might not be working is the game could require a higher firmware than you currently have on your 3DS. Do you have a custom firmware or just menuhax? If you have a custom firmware there are two things that you can try. If you don't have one installed, do it. Plailect's guide on github is the way to go and it's really simple to follow.

- If you have arm9loaderhax the easiest route would be installing the "patched homemenu" by ihaveamac. That way you could run the game right off the 3DS homemenu.
I think that if this person had the ability to install CIAs, they would've done so already instead of using Homebrew.

Have you tried just the region free loader or have you also tried HANS? Sometimes games that don't work using the region free loader work in HANS, and vice versa.

Manuel9181

GBAtemp Prosecutor
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If he has already a CFW installed he just need to update his emuNand (or sysNand if a9lh+AuReiNand with the updatedsysNand flag) via system settings, nothing less nothing more.

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that if this person had the ability to install CIAs, they would've done so already instead of using Homebrew.

Have you tried just the region free loader or have you also tried HANS? Sometimes games that don't work using the region free loader work in HANS, and vice versa.
I assumed he didn't, that's why I suggested installing one and linked Plailect's guide. I believe the game requires fw 10.5 or higher.

Reactions: Deleted User

warmachine2020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have the CIA file installed and it's running great on my n3DS fw 10.7 with A9LH+Cakes. A possible reason why it might not be working is the game could require a higher firmware than you currently have on your 3DS. Do you have a custom firmware or just menuhax? If you have a custom firmware there are two things that you can try. If you don't have one installed, do it. Plailect's guide on github is the way to go and it's really simple to follow.

Thank you so much for your reply! I do have custom firmware installed. I have created an EmuNAND using rxtools 2.5, but it appears that is an old method. I tried to update my EmuNAND, to the latest firmware, but I only get a black screen. I'm guessing because I need rxtools 3.0? I'm a noob to be honest. I used this guide to install emunand and upgrade to 9,2.0 https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If he has already a CFW installed he just need to update his emuNand (or sysNand if a9lh+AuReiNand with the updatedsysNand flag) via system settings, nothing less nothing more.
It's that simple?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I do have a CIA installer, but I'm not sure how to update my EmuNAND successfully. I got a blackscreen when I did it.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Thank you so much for your reply! I do have custom firmware installed. I have created an EmuNAND using rxtools 2.5, but it appears that is an old method. I tried to update my EmuNAND, to the latest firmware, but I only get a black screen. I'm guessing because I need rxtools 3.0? I'm a noob to be honest. I used this guide to install emunand and upgrade to 9,2.0 https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
I had the same issue when updating from 9.2. I fixed it by installing the 10.3 CIAs using sysUpdater, then updating to 10.4 (which was the latest at the time IIRC) through System Settings.

Last edited by ,

warmachine2020

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue when updating from 9.2. I fixed it by installing the 10.3 CIAs using sysUpdater, then updating to 10.4 (which was the latest at the time IIRC) through System Settings.
Thanks for the tip. So just to clarify, I should upgrade from 9.2.0-20U to 10.4 and that should help EmuNAND be able to update?

D

Deleted User

Thanks for the tip. So just to clarify, I should upgrade from 9.2.0-20U to 10.4 and that should help EmuNAND be able to update?
You can upgrade to any firmware, I just went to 10.3 because I already had the CIAs for it downloaded, and was too lazy to get the 10.4 CIAs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte