1. alxrite

alxrite Member
    Newcomer

United States
    No, it would not. I went back and redid the edit, my new save file size was 921. I did what I explained above and have to add 5 bytes after the edit and now it works fine though.

IMnoob likes this.
  2. yuno89

yuno89 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Thanks! With this guide at least I succeed to convert switch save into pc save and to modify it with Hyne. The problem is to convert back to switch save: I follow all your steps, but when I try to run my save on the switch, it always says the save is corrupted. Maybe I didn't understand the step 16: this is my situation after step 15 upload_2019-9-4_23-25-59.png
    I just don't get it if I have to replace all the bytes after the 07 highlighted (my new file size is D0 09 00 00, so 9D0) with 00.

Attached Files:

3. alxrite

alxrite Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok, so when you open the edited files in your hex editor. You will need to look at the file size (first 4 bytes) What is yours?

I am editing mine again right now, and I have 955. So I will copy all the EDITED file (.ff8), then go to the orinigal and on byte 04, I will right click and "Select Block". I will type in 955 in Length. Then right click and "Paste Write". This should give me my new save file size WITH the correct file size of 10,244kb. Does this help?

If your edited file size is SMALLER than the original, you will need to flush the rest of the old file out with 00 00 00 00 00 as much as needed. But, make sure that your full file size at the end is 10,244kb.

yuno89 likes this.
  4. CoqueCO

CoqueCO Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I follow the tutorial and I can edit without problems. But when I have import the save to the Switch, launch the game and load save it can't open: "saved data has been damaged". Any help?

5. alxrite

alxrite Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can you post your original save file and your edit file? I can merge them and see if it works for you.

6. IMnoob

IMnoob GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    You paste that btye on wrong offset, thats why u get error, or on hyne u add some item etc that make your save damage.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Khalyus likes this.
  7. fizyboy

fizyboy Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Thank you so much @alxrite for the detailed and noob friendly guide, cant wait to try it out after work :)

8. CoqueCO

CoqueCO Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I don't know,only add all items option (all items x100)

9. yuno89

yuno89 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Yes, yesterday I did all the steps perfectly... But this morning I suppose I have found my issue: I added some magic to party members not still available (to be clear, my save is only 7 minutes from the start of the story and I added magic to Irvine ecc.). Indeed, I tried again just adding items, some cards and magic to Squall and everything works fine! Many thanks!

10. CoqueCO

CoqueCO Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
  11. ashtonmachchine

Newcomer

Portugal
    Hey guys, when I convert my retroarch ps1 save file to pc format using Hyne, I end up with a weird hexadecimal number at the beginning of the save file and I'm not sure what size this ends up converting to... Could someone give me a hand?
    Original pc save file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VJKdbaUELOyX5duOUnQp-7sAk-wF6oSw/view?usp=sharing
    Edited new switch file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JMMpJfLLqyOEDxY48TTLSkQI6uEH9ym1/view?usp=sharing

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

My first 4 bytes are = 12 0A

12. IMnoob

IMnoob GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    @CoqueCO your start from offset 4 and end with offset 82A

13. CoqueCO

CoqueCO Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    And the same offset to copy the edited part?

I dont know what im doing bad, i have did like you said and nothing

14. IMnoob

IMnoob GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    ok, i try and see your file. wait . i send u back after i edit it

15. CoqueCO

CoqueCO Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Thanks so much, with ítems x100 and all cards its enough for me

16. alxrite

alxrite Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Makes sense. You sequence broke the game.
    Yes it is fine. You just type in 9AE in the "Select Block" Length. But, your save file length is so off 827 original, that you needed to tell the game that your full save file was 03 0A at byte 1. I fixed this. I tested the file and it works fine. Attached! (Remove the .txt from your file before restoring. Had to do this to upload here)

Same thing with you. I just made the 1st bytes 16 0A and this told the game where to find your save file. Tested and works! Your button configuration is throwing me off though, have to admit! lol Attached! (Remove the .txt from your file before restoring. Had to do this to upload here)

And for all those that might like to know. You can definitely go over the 10,244kb "cap". ashtonmachchine's file is 10,739kb and works fine.

For all those that are just starting attached is a fresh new game with 100 of each item. 100 of all items and 100 of all cards except the RARE Gold border named cards. (Character)

File: ff8slot00 (Remove the .txt from your file before restoring. Had to do this to upload here)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    chefmario and IMnoob like this.
  17. ashtonmachchine

Newcomer

Portugal
    Thank you so much mate!

18. alxrite

alxrite Member
    Newcomer

United States
    For sure, hope you enjoy!

19. CoqueCO

CoqueCO Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Fucking love u! Thanks!

20. ashtonmachchine

Newcomer

Portugal
    I loaded up the save now and it works, but the controls are messed up?? Like a and b are x and y

strange...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - remastered, fantasy, anyone