Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
still trying but looks like i can't get wifi tether working on both galaxy s and nexus 4 on cm 10.1

Skullx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try the Mac osx ... My 3DS is connected (internet-nintendo zone) but no streetpass. it this working for everyone?
If it can detect a Nintendo Zone in your region you've gotten the SSID correct, if you can connect to the network through the app, then you're practically ready for Streetpasses.

Make sure to open terminal and type this, for example: sudo ifconfig en1 ether 40:53:50:4F:4F:46
this will change your Hotspot's Mac Address which is hosted from your ethernet connection.

phaerun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
still trying but looks like i can't get wifi tether working on both galaxy s and nexus 4 on cm 10.1
oops .. I had issues with wifi tether on my gnex running 4.3 stock so I am downloading cm 10.1.2 to install in forlorn hopes of making it work.you are using the experimental version too because the 3.3 was not working at all for 4.3.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
I havent got it working on wi-fi tether either, or using this macspoof while using portable hotspot, (the two can simply not run simultaneously correctly).
Hoping for some guide or something to get it working at somepoint...though with there being many android versions and many android phones, may be hard to make a generalised guide...

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For those having problems, I report that everything is working fine, with my DD-WRT.
Here is a mini-guide:
It's a second router in my Network.
My main router is IP 192.168.1.1
I connected this DD-WRT and configured it's IP as 192.168.1.99
The gateway needs to be the address of your main router, and local DNS too. (192.168.1.1)
Subnet mask is default, if your router IP is xxx.xxx.1.x it will be 255.255.255.0

Theeen, you set the _The Cloud with no security, and after everything is OK, you can change the MAC address very very easily just going to 192.168.1.99 in your browser and changing the MAC address in DD-WRT and you will see your Green Light blinking everytime :D

hippojay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theeen, you set the _The Cloud with no security, and after everything is OK, you can change the MAC address very very easily just going to 192.168.1.99 in your browser and changing the MAC address in DD-WRT

Anybody managed to set a Virtual AP on DD-WRT with the spoof MAC? I can get it all set up, but can't get the vap
MAC address changed?

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having problems, I report that everything is working fine, with my DD-WRT.
Here is a mini-guide:
It's a second router in my Network.
My main router is IP 192.168.1.1
I connected this DD-WRT and configured it's IP as 192.168.1.99
The gateway needs to be the address of your main router, and local DNS too. (192.168.1.1)
Subnet mask is default, if your router IP is xxx.xxx.1.x it will be 255.255.255.0

Theeen, you set the _The Cloud with no security, and after everything is OK, you can change the MAC address very very easily just going to 192.168.1.99 in your browser and changing the MAC address in DD-WRT and you will see your Green Light blinking everytime :D
I'm glad you wrote this because I was kicking around the problem people were having with chained routers was due to them having the same ip, causing the second router to be confused and not passing net traffic to the 3DS.

Reactions: dekuleon

hippojay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, I might just swap them round then to make Nintendo the first ssid, and set my normal ssid as the vap. Gonna have to mess further with the bridge set up though to separate out the networks.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, I might just swap them round then to make Nintendo the first ssid, and set my normal ssid as the vap. Gonna have to mess further with the bridge set up though to separate out the networks.

Yeah it is not soo easy for those who never played with networks, but I think what you sayd will do the job

Also try googling about changing MAC address vap *router custom firmware here*

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get crediar's worldpass site to work yesterday but it hasn't worked for me since then, hmmm.
EDIT: Also, I believe I streetpassed crediar's Mii. I was thinking maybe his site would let me streetpass many others but not yet.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
If anyone is having problems with Linux, I just found out that you have to stop and restart the hostapd service everytime you want to run the softap.
Use:
sudo /etc/init.d/hostapd stop
sudo /etc/init.d/hostapd restart

Oh I forgot that you need to re-select the wirec connection in the upper right corner of the screen. That must be something that can be made in the script, but I'm not really good at it.

Hope this helps!

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone having some problems with DD-WRT changing the MAC. I change it on the settings and it doesn't seem to work.
I have a Linksis DIR-300 with DD-WRT installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q