Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're simply looking to pass anyone (even the same Mii), doing them one-by-one beyond the currently designated 10 would be no harm. Like I said, it's simply for those who need to progress in games/puzzles (aka, don't require unique visitors) and are willing to constantly swap MACs/re-greet Miis at the gate.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the linux method is missing a step, I'm pretty sure you have to bridge the connections like in windows wired>Wireless for the hostednetwork to have internet. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at this stuff.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm alternating between 7 profiles right now. 1 untested and 1 personal. Wonder how many people have used these macs.

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What we need is a script that changes the MAC every 10 minutes automatically.

I found this for DD-WRT, but it changes it to a completely random MAC. If anyone knows how to script for DD-WRT, if they could edit this to automatically and randomly select from the list of MACs at 10 minute intervals, that'd be great.

Rhyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To spoof a Mac Address on OS X Lion & Mountain Lion open terminal and use:
Code:
sudo ifconfig en0 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Replace x's with your desired Mac Address
Hit enter or return and type the administrators password, and use this to confirm it worked:
Code:
ifconfig en0 |grep ether

Setting up the wireless hotspot is pretty straight forward on OS X. System Settings -> Sharing -> Internet Sharing

I haven't tested this out yet to see if it really works since both my 3DS' are on 4.5.0-10

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put together a website that allows you to enter the MAC of your AP which will then automatically change the MAC of my AP.

To make this work simply change your AP's name to "_The Cloud" no encryption and enter the MAC of your AP on my site.

http://crediar.no-ip.com/sp.php

This is limited by the ~8 hour cool down period, I take it?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sick. My router was able to use ddwrt firmware. So I easily spoofed my address. Got a streetpass within a second of changing it. (Using the first MAC address in the google spreadsheet.) Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: Antipika is who I streetpassed. :lol:

jhjsaat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Then, if after 8 hours I connect again, i'll get more than one people? or just one?

You will get the last person that use that address so it can be anyone but still just one street pass! However you can change the mac to the others in the list at http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/#post-4736607

I wonder how many of you get Jack from Texas so far!! If you did not still you can get a street pass from me at _The Cloud
With mac: 34:08:04:BF:AC:8A :D

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, if after 8 hours I connect again, i'll get more than one people? or just one?
You'll get one more from the same MAC after the cool down. Think of it like you walked by me at 8am and we passed. We'd have a cool down with each other for 8 hours. After 4pm we walk by each other again and pass and a new 8 hour cool down begins with each other. That's how this is, but with MACs.

mattmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody determined whether or not the specific SSID you use is relevant? I managed to get a tag from someone in California earlier today, but it was my only successful tag. I've been using the Bestbuy SSID. Just wondering, because I tried getting a tag on the :47 addy and got zip.

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody determined whether or not the specific SSID you use is relevant? I managed to get a tag from someone in California earlier today, but it was my only successful tag. I've been using the Bestbuy SSID. Just wondering, because I tried getting a tag on the :47 addy and got zip.
No it shouldn't matter. It was kicked around earlier changing SSID would yield a new pass on the same MAC but it wasn't true. Try power cycling 3DS and/or your router. I've had to do this several times. Wait, since your using Bestbuy that means you have it set up as a connection on your 3DS right? When I did that earlier testing security with this I had to power cycle my 3DS with each MAC change.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since this has been frontpaged OP should probably put most of the info in the first post. I don't imagine most people will want to sift through 21 pages of posts.

Ed: also gonna be grabbing the NZone MACs from around my area soon. If anyone wants an easy way to do that on Android, grab WLANAudit off the market. Though it does have some small ads, not many apps don't anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool