1. rashef

rashef GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Sad or not... Whatever works works. I personally am happy that it does... because... those are my first streetpasses that aren't with people I "know". XD

SignZ likes this.
  2. dicamarques

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Portugal
    Do you mind if i post this on the other thread?

3. someonewhodied

someonewhodied Lazy Person

United States
    using the script:

Code:
    [email protected]:~$ sudo ./wifi_zone.sh.txt
    ./wifi_zone.sh.txt: 38: ./wifi_zone.sh.txt: [[: not found
    /tmp/tmp.xw6gEzcLKF/nztmp
    Starting Nintendo Zone hotspot, using config ''Somebunny, WiFi card that recently died''
    SSID: _The Cloud

help? I have the access point but no streetpass.

4. Lookie401

Lookie401 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    BTW I'm using Tomato firmware on my Cisco/Linksys router and works fine too. It's simply changing the MAC address here:
    [​IMG]

5. TiagoHenriqueCan

Newcomer

What mac adress are you guys using, because i've got only ONE Street Pass in the last 30 minutes

6. FearItSelf23

FearItSelf23 GBAtemp Regular

United States

I do not mind.

7. PuyoDead

PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    Well, I've almost got it to work on my Galaxy Nexus. The SSID and MAC are all fine. The 3DS sees it as a NZ, they connect and talk and all that good stuff... but no StreetPasses at all. I can see it trying, but it never seems to actually finish. It'll get to about 20-22bB downloaded, and 150-155kB uploaded, and stop. Also using 3.4 Experimental of the WiFi Tethering app (seems it's required for 4.2+).

8. mangaguy

mangaguy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What MAC and SSID are you using? You might be using a combination that has been unused, meaning that you are just seeding the relay station and not getting a streetpass.

9. PuyoDead

PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    I'm using attwifi and the 40:53:50:4F:4F:etc range.

10. donelwero

donelwero GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Yeah I get NZone, but no internet connection, using wlan0 as AP and eth0 for internet.

11. phaerun

phaerun GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    I think I have a similar problem with you. Galaxy Nexus as well, I am using _The Cloud and changing the mac to 40:53:50:4f:4f:46.

seems like it has 140k up 17k down on my foxfi hotspot but no green lights :(

when I turn on my 2nd 3ds though I will get a hit almost instantly, I got him like 6 times in 2h. but that is not really cool. i would like to get some "exotic" hits from around the globe :P

12. SpongeFreak52

SpongeFreak52 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So here's a suggestion...would people be interested in collecting the MACs of actual Nintendo Zone hotspots? If anything they'd have a higher chance of giving out hits from random people rather than possibly getting the same person 10 times by going down the range of :46-:56.

13. katsup

katsup GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For those of us who are interested in getting street passes, I can confirm hits on the prime addresses 45 --> 60, 61 I should have seeded as well.

14. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

United States
    Doesn't look like the wireless card in that netbook works with Hostapd. I have 2 others to try, but if that XP thing will work, maybe I'll dig out a disc for that.

This is pissing me off.

15. Jimbolicious

Jimbolicious GBAtemp Regular

United States
    We went through this earlier. It would be pointless because the same people who use these MACs will just use those MACs too and it will just yield the same results we are getting now. Best thing to do it just stagger instead of chaining or don't go in order perhaps.

16. SpongeFreak52

SpongeFreak52 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ah, missed that, thanks. In any case, I'm going to try covering the 00-99 range for the prime MAC, simply for the sake of those who are doing passes for puzzle pieces or progress in the other games. This can also help with those who are too impatient (cough) to wait for the cooldown to expire, and have the time to continuously swap MACs.

17. Jimbolicious

United States
    More MACs isn't the answer. To me even 10 may be too many even this early in the game. This is why people keep getting the same person over and over. There's too many MACs and not enough new people hitting them consistently to prevent getting the same Mii over and over again as you go up the chain.

18. Jimbolicious

United States
    Only solution is go through the 10 Prime MACs already designated in a random order or stagger them by 5 or 10 minutes as you go up the chain. When more people join in as time goes in the one after chain of the same person should not happen as much.

19. X The Legend

X The Legend Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Welp, I've been at this for about an hour and I've only gotten one streetpass from the Prime MAC's so I guess I'm going to have to hold off until more people show up or share a private MAC address with someone who has pink pieces.

20. katsup

katsup GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What we need is a script that changes the MAC every 10 minutes automatically.

Home_Rowed likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - streetpass, attempted, Nintendo