Homebrew Has anyone actually escaped the softbrick loop of doom?

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm how did you lose your eShop games? I got mine just fine despite having to format. Hell, I even got most of my saves and my swap note stuff back. Just relink your NNID and you should be good to go. Gotta get that emunand up to 9.5, then install NVER, and use FMP to relink.

So you can relink on 9.5? What's FMP in case I need it?

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm how did you lose your eShop games? I got mine just fine despite having to format. Hell, I even got most of my saves and my swap note stuff back. Just relink your NNID and you should be good to go. Gotta get that emunand up to 9.5, then install NVER, and use FMP to relink.
I lost my eshop games. Even relinked my nnid and they did not show up.

I was able to reinstall them on emunand but they only appear on emunand. I want them on sysnand.

Reactions: Kafke

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you can relink on 9.5? What's FMP in case I need it?

Yea, I forgot to relink when I formatted, but I did it just fine on my 9.5 emunand. Basically all you need to do is be on 9.5, update NVer, and then use FMP (Free Multi Patcher) without the 'region' option. And it lets you relink as of today. You can get everything here (where I found this out): https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-access-nnid-and-eshop-on-9-5-0-23-emunand.407714/

I lost my eshop games. Even relinked my nnid and they did not show up.

I was able to reinstall them on emunand but they only appear on emunand. I want them on sysnand.

Ah, yea, that's a problem. No way to access the eShop on 9.2 sysnand. Would getting them on emunand, backing up the emunand and flashing your sysnand with the backup work? You'd have to downgrade your emunand back to 9.2, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Of course, that means your NANDs are linked, which would happen anyway.

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I forgot to relink when I formatted, but I did it just fine on my 9.5 emunand. Basically all you need to do is be on 9.5, update NVer, and then use FMP (Free Multi Patcher) without the 'region' option. And it lets you relink as of today. You can get everything here (where I found this out): https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-access-nnid-and-eshop-on-9-5-0-23-emunand.407714/

Ah, yea, that's a problem. No way to access the eShop on 9.2 sysnand. Would getting them on emunand, backing up the emunand and flashing your sysnand with the backup work? You'd have to downgrade your emunand back to 9.2, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Of course, that means your NANDs are linked, which would happen anyway.
I'm actually doing something really fuckin stupid rn... re upgraded my 3DS, reinstalling all of my eshop games as we speak and I'm going to fight the unstable downgrader again. Wish me luck.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Good luck. I'm well past the point of no return. I have nothing to go back for. All I need is my streetpass stuff moved over to my emunand. But I can't figure out how extract it. Can't upgrade back to 9.2 to do it because it's formatted away.

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually doing something really fuckin stupid rn... re upgraded my 3DS, reinstalling all of my eshop games as we speak and I'm going to fight the unstable downgrader again. Wish me luck.

Why would you do that? You were one of the chosen!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My Internet suddenly seems really slow. I'm gonna try to downgrade to 9.5. Is there some way I can verify it?

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My Internet suddenly seems really slow. I'm gonna try to downgrade to 9.5. Is there some way I can verify it?
Idk.. just dont want to give up my eshop games.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Find a MD-5 Hash checksum of the file you're downloading. The N3DS 9.5 update package I got from that ISO site's MD-5 is
4CCF8BCD1A37CE5C5FE0A4FD68DEA3ED

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:cry::hateit::nayps3: Well, 9.5 said "Preparing to start home menu" then went black. I took out the SD card, and got the same error I've been getting all along. Any other bright ideas?

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spent 5 hours redownloading all of my eshop games, and after about 10 minutes of fighting sysupdater, I've successfully downgraded my system to 9.2 a second time.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spent 5 hours redownloading all of my eshop games, and after about 10 minutes of fighting sysupdater, I've successfully downgraded my system to 9.2 a second time.
I still have to ask why though. You could have done that without updating back to 10.3 and risking yet another downgrade by updating your NVER and running Free Multi Patcher. You could have gotten them all back on 9.2 or 9.5.

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have to ask why though. You could have done that without updating back to 10.3 and risking yet another downgrade by updating your NVER and running Free Multi Patcher. You could have gotten them all back on 9.2 or 9.5.
Tsk, didn't know at the time. I was just reading all over reformatting your system would solve the problem so I did just that.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does just installing NVER and running FMP work for 9.2 systems? eShop access on sysnand?

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those who reformatted, I have one question: I'm about to do so, but I'd like to know if I'll lose extdata like my Pokemon battle videos. I just want to know now instead of finding out the next time I play Pokemon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.