Hacking Has Anyoen droppd their DS Phat or Lite?

squeaks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I dropped my DS (phat) once, and nothing happened. My girlfriend dropped it once while drunk onto the concrete, it then bounced off the concrete down a storm drain (thank god there was no water) fell 12 feet onto the concrete again, after getting the man hole cover off and retrieving my DS i turned it on and it worked like a charm, no problems, the case and both screens were fine.

Awesome! A lit couldn't have endured that.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, the plastic is really thick, making the design weak overall, among other factors.

mellowman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Twice once in assembly when I had my ds (phat) on hibernate so to speak and toilet ds on I quickly picked it up and shut it and it made a toilet noise lol.

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I dropped mine about 2 feet on hard floor because I tripped on the charger cable while my DS Lite was charged. It worked just fine after that.

But I think the toughest hardware that Nintendo has ever made was the phat, 1st generation Gameboy. I had one, dropped it like at least once a week (when I was hooked with it), and it still works till this day even after 13 years. Talk about one bad-ass mofo
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But I think the toughest hardware that Nintendo has ever made was the phat, 1st generation Gameboy. I had one, dropped it like at least once a week (when I was hooked with it), and it still works till this day even after 13 years. Talk about one bad-ass mofo
smile.gif

That's because the plastic is an inch thick

MajinGohan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I once went jogging with my DSPhat, so I could listen to some music (didn´t have an MP3 palyer back then), and it dropped out of my pocket onto the solid asphalt ground. The thing didn´t even have a crack or anything, just a little scratch on the bottom.
I´m much more careful with my Lite, since it looks incredibly fragile compared to the old model.

loathsome

Trophies
XP
Country
I've dropped my black lite a few times. Mostly in the morning, when I'm using it as an alarm
rofl2.gif
But it's still good as new, and works flawlessly.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
OH GAWD

just looking at this thread reminds me of the horrors ive put my DS(phat, a lite wouldnt cut it) through.
I dropped it from several height, even once from the top of my wardrobe as i wa trying to get it down and all i have are a few scratches on the outercase.
I thought my phat was invincible.

That was of course, before my baby brother got his hands on it.
He destroyed my right hinge and scratched up the case(not the screen thank god, only a little scratch) HORRILY BAD.
Its like he used my ds to massage a porcupine...

Im getting a case replacement and screen protectors because this scared me awake. My ds still works fine though btw, just the speakers are a bit weird.
Whenever i turn up the volume and the ds has to output high pitched tones(not too high, kinda like the startup screen gives) it screeches and distorts. I think the speakers might be damaged, ill see when i replace the case.

anyone else got this problem?

squeaks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OH GAWD

just looking at this thread reminds me of the horrors ive put my DS(phat, a lite wouldnt cut it) through.
I dropped it from several height, even once from the top of my wardrobe as i wa trying to get it down and all i have are a few scratches on the outercase.
I thought my phat was invincible.

That was of course, before my baby brother got his hands on it.
He destroyed my right hinge and scratched up the case(not the screen thank god, only a little scratch) HORRILY BAD.
Its like he used my ds to massage a porcupine...

Im getting a case replacement and screen protectors because this scared me awake. My ds still works fine though btw, just the speakers are a bit weird.
Whenever i turn up the volume and the ds has to output high pitched tones(not too high, kinda like the startup screen gives) it screeches and distorts. I think the speakers might be damaged, ill see when i replace the case.

anyone else got this problem?

Massage porcupine.
rofl2.gif

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that DS Phats are nearly impossible to damage.

I have a friend with one, was at his house yesterday. Had it in my hands.

It felt cluttered, but it looked and felt like a complete TANK compared to my puny DS Lite.

I bet it's more sturdy than the Gamecube or the Super Nintendo.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I FIXED MY SPEAKERS
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It turns out that the contacts werent touching it properly, so i bent the clips a bit.
quite weird... the speakers are completely seperate and can be taken out if you want without removing any wires

litobro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dropped it yesterday... broke the small hinge. Unfixable since it's a phat and warranty is dead. Anyone got instructions on how to install a replacement case? We bought one off ebay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: