Hacking Has anybody used OzModChips? Need to know about their p

DogBreath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
(Oops submitted my post too early, sorry about the broken title)

So they started stocking up on the R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) flashcards on their site, and I'm considering purchasing one, HOWEVER they are all pre-flashed and do not come with their packaging, there wasn't much detail on the product listing so I emailed them....

"....the card is already preflashed and ready to be used for install CFW. So you can skip the first few pages of the guide where it teaches you to flash the card and go straight to booting into installing SafeB9SInstaller. ..Unfortunately they are all preflashed which means they will no appear in the console as a normal card anymore. You can however unflash it and reflash it again as many times as you like. ..They are exactly the same as the link in the guide just without the packaging."

Has anybody ordered one from them before, and can you tell me what they may have done? I usually prefer to configure this sort of stuff myself but all of the cards they're stocking are already pre-flashed. And I don't really want to order from overseas on the likelihood that they could get seized by customs in Australia.

Tl;dr I'm just skeptical mainly about how they've already been pre-flashing their cards. So I'm on the fence for purchasing from their store. No problem should arise because of a preflashed card, right?

Last edited by DogBreath,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I bought my Gateway card from them many years ago and it was fine. Don't know what they're charging for the pre-flashed cards but I got my R4i Gold from wish.com and it came about two weeks later, for $38 total. No issue with customs. Edit: checked price and they are only $29.95. Definitely a no-brainer. Get it from ozmodchips. They're reputable (will help you if the product is faulty etc).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've never personally bought from their site before, but I do know they are one of the oldest sites out there for these kinds of things. I've never heard of a bad experience with them (if there is one, don't hesitate to correct me,) and I've only really ever heard of people getting their products on time and the products being legit. I also know they have their own youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/OzModChips/featured
and a GBATemp account
https://gbatemp.net/members/ozmodchips.109665/

DogBreath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the information on clarifying their reputability. Now, since I am gonna proceed with the purchase. As they are already preflashed with ntrboot, I'll follow on from this page: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

And that shouldn't be a problem? All I'm asking. Am I missing out on anything with flashing ntrboot hax? Since OzModChips are doing all that themselves.

Last edited by DogBreath,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the information on clarifying their reputability. Now, since I am gonna proceed with the purchase. As they are already preflashed with ntrboot, I'll follow on from this page: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

And that shouldn't be a problem? All I'm asking.
Since it's already pre-flashed, there's no reason to start at an early point in the Guide. So you're good to start from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night