Has Anybody Got Any Scratches On The DSi Touch Screen Yet?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by need4speed, Apr 26, 2009.

1. need4speed
    OP

Member need4speed GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi there I got a few scratches on my dsi touch screen and I take good care of It. They don't bother me at all. Has anybody else got scratches on theres?

2. lyjman1

Newcomer lyjman1 Member

United States
    Me... Its inevitable without a screen protector...

3. Uruha

Member Uruha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    man, looks like i wont be touching my DSi until i get some screen protectors

4. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Yah, not having screen protectors + pokemon ranger is what ruined my first DSL. Whenever I touched the screen it would think I was touching the screen about half an inch to the left. I tried to calibrate it, but it didn't work. So now I'm calibrating my current DSL every few days and making sure I get protectors for my DSi when I get it.

5. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    yeh...i have like 7 protecters....jus incase

6. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well it does get a little dirty and theres nothing to clean it with so i use my shirt
    So far no scratches but the dust kills me.

7. Uruha

United States
    hope dust doesnt go under my screen, i have the dustiest house ever!
    and 7 haha must be serious. lol
    i wanna get the Invisible Shield but its $15! got one for my phone its great and awesome to watch the LIGHT scratches heal themselves. purposely scratching it will leave a mark though. my friend is evil :'(

8. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I wish I got some for my DSL. Oh man, Pokemon Ranger was MADE to do this, so people would buy more DSs and make Nintendo more money.

9. klumzypinoy

Newcomer klumzypinoy Newbie

United States
    Mine all of a sudden got scratches after I let my friend's friend use it. The deepest one is not long, so I'm relieved, but it did piss me off. I'll be getting a Hori screen protector from Amazon soon. The only way I'll see the scratch is if I shine a light directly on my screen. I saw one on Buy.com with free shipping which is nice, so you should jump on one! Remember Hori brand only.

10. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    i think the touch screen is a massive improvement on the ds lite. bigger. more accurate touch screen. LOADS MORE ACCURATE. you dont have to press anywhere near as hard for it to regester. just a light tap.
    my screen has no scratches.

my shoulder button is buggered though.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150608

give me violins

11. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I refrained from playing games that involved the touch screen until I the ones I ordered arrived so no, my touch screen doesn't have scratches. =)

12. KamuiX

Member KamuiX GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    screen protectors they only solution...If it gets dust under the protector just take it out and clean it with water...nothing happens to the protector. I done it 4-5 times before i finally stick the protector with no dust at all on the bottom screen. Be sure DO NOT use cloth or some kind of toilet papper to dry it. just stick it to a hard glossy papper for some time until it dries and then take it and stick it on DS's monitor.

13. ryukyus

Member ryukyus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My touch screen got scratch the hell up, and the right side hinge got broken, but still works, I'm just going to replace the whole case, just ordered one from focal

14. Dimensional

Member Dimensional GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My DSlite has a small scratch on the touch screen, but it's not a big problem, as it's not that deep.

My DSi currently doesn't have any scratches, although I'm about ready to hit my father upside the head for not only tapping way to hard on the touch screen, but also on the top screen.

15. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Its a shame that Nintendo didn't bother trying to improve the scratches that the bottom screen accumulates. EBA got the best of my DS Lite touch screens xD

16. Doyouwantaspoon

Newcomer Doyouwantaspoon Advanced Member

United States
    I bought a blue DSi two days ago and after playing Zelda PH for a couple hours I noticed some decent scratches on it; not the kind you can just rub away. I looked at the stylus under a microscope and noticed a burr around the tip of it, and that was the reason it was being scratched. [By burr I meant a little ridge of jagged plastic around the tip the leaked out during the casting process, the mold was not pressed securely enough together and the burr was not filed away.]

So I returned that DSi and I bought some screen protectors and a crystal case from Dealextreme. The matte finish on the DSi feels like it would absorb a lot of sweat and get discolored, unlike the glossy plastic finish in the DSlite. Once they are delivered, I will buy a new DSi, don some latex gloves and set up a work station with a fan and put on the screen protectors and case.

Yeah, as you can see I'm a whore when it comes to protecting my electronics.

17. Islay

Member Islay GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
    Ok u guys are quite bad with yours DSlite, my screens never got scratched, I never had a screen protector and I cleared TWEWY, and both ranger games on my Dslite, most likely because i dont really touch the screen hard at all.

The only damage my Ds ever got was a broken hinge form when I throw it at my brothers head *nailed it lol*, had no money for a new case so I got super glue, put the hinger in the right spot and wrapped news paper over the area, and just paper paper mashayed it, its an improvement if u ask me, u can angel its better for watching stuff on it.

18. Uruha

United States
    good thing i dont get sweaty hands when i play games!
    and wow why would u chuck a $130 brick at ur brother's head? you couldve broken the DS!

19. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I never use any device that has a touch screen without a screen protector of some sort. I hate scratched screens. Get a Hori brand one only. Anything else just doesn't compare.

20. Zenthes

Newcomer Zenthes Newbie

United States
    I had protector on my DSL but the way it looked bugged the crap out of me, wish i would have kept it on now, got a fairly large mar in it. and its making me want to replace the touch screen and buy protectors.