has any1 played w/ DSlinux?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by hmvh1, Jan 10, 2007.

Jan 10, 2007

has any1 played w/ DSlinux? by hmvh1 at 1:48 AM (911 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. hmvh1
    OP

Newcomer hmvh1 Member

i was just wondering if anyone has tried DSlinux?

2. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    Will start, however. R/W won't work due to FAT incompatible with R4. Just hope the author updates it and adds DLDI support soon enough.

3. screwed

Newcomer screwed Advanced Member

Norway
    how is this coming along actually... the Wiki states it perfectly compatible with the R4.
    But none of the "info" pages on homebrewn in the wiki has any information... about anything useful really.

Does it work?

4. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    by perfectly compatible they mean it turns on and seems to run smoothly. however, the functions of ds-linux that require FAT (i think stuff like editing config permanently and stuff..) dont save. I tried getting the browser to work, but each time it would reset my settings. i would assume thats because of the FAT format.

5. screwed

Newcomer screwed Advanced Member

Norway
    aha, I see.

I read on their page a while back when the DS-X team sent them an e-mail trying to make it compatible for the DS-X card, and they responded with saying it wouldnt work on a slot-1 solution. Had to run though the GBA slot.

Did they rewrite it to work on slot-1 now? (even though you cant seem to make it run as smooth as you'd like).
    Is it supposed to work with slot-1, or are all the problems you have cause it cant save FAT in... slot-1?

6. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    DLDI driver has been implemented a while ago. [​IMG]
    And you can even use a RAM cart in SLOT-2 to expand the memory (even EZ 3-in-1 works!).